Penske File Mock 1.0

Arthur Penske

Retained

-Breeland go with youth here over Tramon

- Kumerow (ERFA)

-Marcedes Lewis- cheap 1 year deal. He's not going to stretch the field, but with help run block and you need that with Graham being a TE on your team.

-Wilkerson- Cheap 1 year deal

- Jake Ryan-Cheap 1 year deal

- Ibraheim Campbell, played ok in limited action last season

Free Agents

-Anthony Barr ( EDGE/LB ). Great athlete who can be a nice chess piece for Pettine.

-Mike Pearson (G/T-SF)- Coached by Kyle Shanahan and GB offensive line coach Adam Stenavich. So he's familiar with scheme.

-Tre Boston (S-AZ)- With Tramon and Brice gone, this position is addressed here.

Draft

I'll be the first to admit some of these picks may be wishful thinking and their positions may change after the combine, etc

1 (12)- Jachai Polite - He’s been mocked to GB like crazy, kind of how Raji was last time GB picked this high. Explosive athlete with high character "Tebow factor" that the packers like. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
giphy.gif

1 (30)- Austin Bryant, EDGE Clemson 6-6, 280

-        May seem just a bit high for him, but guys that size with 21 career sacks and 37 TFLs usually don’t last that long. Back to Back 8.5 sack seasons his junior and senior seasons with experience playing and winning big games. Gutey double dips at the position like he did with CB in 2018. Also thought about Rapp here or at 44.

Image result for double dip seinfeld gif

2(44)- Irv Smith Jr., TE Alabama 6-4, 241

-        Simply put, this position needs some young talent and Irv is certainly talented. This could be a bit late for him to still be there, but the TE dept in this draft is pretty good so he drops a bit. More weapons for Rodgers needs to be a priority.

giphy.gif

3 (76)- Jaquan Johnson, Safety Miami

Image result for Jaquan Johnson gif

Image result for Jaquan Johnson gif

4 (108)- Isaiah Prince, OT/OG Ohio State 6-6, 310

-Packers classic 4th round Oline pick

4 (112) WR Andy Isabella, Umass, 5-9, 186

- Smaller, fast, and shifty WR to help replace Cobb. Semi-finalist for the Biletnikoff Award

Znkwxyjws4ktsnhslk5l

4 (127)- (Trade a 6th 172  and 5th 140 with NE) Khlaen Saunders, DT Western Illinois, 6-1, 322

- Could be just a fun pick on my end, but this pick has the potential to have us doing backflips

Image result for khalen saunders backflip gif

6 (182) Jordan Brown, CB South Dakota State University. 6-1, 199

-Jackrabbit for @Norm

7(204) Lamont Gailard, C Georgia 6-2, 303

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

1 (12)- Jachai Polite - He’s been mocked to GB like crazy, kind of how Raji was last time GB picked this high. Explosive athlete with high character "Tebow factor" that the packers like.

I did not know this about Polite.  Definitely means I'm going to expect us to be drafting him.  Can you tell me more about what he's said/done that makes you bring up the Tebow factor?  It's not against site rules to say a player loves Jesus. 

EDIT: Lol, never mind.  Ten seconds on his Twitter confirmed this.  He's a prime Packer Prospect.  Gonna have to do my Twitter Scouting again this year I think.  Although I'm not sure this is going to continue to be a thing with Gute.  It may have just been a Thompson thing.  I saw nothing on Jaire Alexander to confirm this as a continued trend, but Jackson, Burks, Moore, MVS, Scott... The vast majority of our picks from this past draft pass that Twitter/God reference test, so it's probably still a thing. 

Per Walters FWIW

Tillery and Williams aren't the only early-rounders with some character concerns; another player who faces some questions about his makeup is Florida's Jachai Polite. Sources with the Gators said that Polite was a good teammate and liked in the locker room, but some NFL evaluators have concerns about Polite having issues with maturity and accountability. One team source said Polite's talent level is worthy of a late top-10 to early teens pick, and if he slides into the mid- to late teens, it will be because of the makeup concerns.

Don't know why so many think we would sign Barr. I think the chances are zero that we would be interested. "Hey Aaron, Gute here, we just signed Barr."  I don't think so.

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I did not know this about Polite.  Definitely means I'm going to expect us to be drafting him.  Can you tell me more about what he's said/done that makes you bring up the Tebow factor?  It's not against site rules to say a player loves Jesus. 

EDIT: Lol, never mind.  Ten seconds on his Twitter confirmed this.  He's a prime Packer Prospect.  Gonna have to do my Twitter Scouting again this year I think.  Although I'm not sure this is going to continue to be a thing with Gute.  It may have just been a Thompson thing.  I saw nothing on Jaire Alexander to confirm this as a continued trend, but Jackson, Burks, Moore, MVS, Scott... The vast majority of our picks from this past draft pass that Twitter/God reference test, so it's probably still a thing. 

It's definitely not just a TT thing. Look at the first words Gutey said in his introductory press conference last year.

30 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Per Walters FWIW

Tillery and Williams aren't the only early-rounders with some character concerns; another player who faces some questions about his makeup is Florida's Jachai Polite. Sources with the Gators said that Polite was a good teammate and liked in the locker room, but some NFL evaluators have concerns about Polite having issues with maturity and accountability. One team source said Polite's talent level is worthy of a late top-10 to early teens pick, and if he slides into the mid- to late teens, it will be because of the makeup concerns.

Don't know why so many think we would sign Barr. I think the chances are zero that we would be interested. "Hey Aaron, Gute here, we just signed Barr."  I don't think so.

I waivered on Barr/Barrett etc for a long while. I think Rodgers is over it by now.

FWIW Walters? Not much.

I may be in the minority here but I didn't necessarily see anything all that egregious about Barr's hit at the time. If arod was in a position to nix that, and did so, I'd think he had a pretty big streak of pettiness that took up a larger portion of his ego than the drive to win super bowls.

All that said however, I have no idea if Barr would actually help the team or not. Overall I like the draft in this mock, especially where you have us picking Irv.

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think it was a blatant thing with TT.  That said, I think you will find a pretty high intersection with football players and religious outwardness.  (really hard for me to write that without making it look negative, that is not my intent) 

I can only recall two football players that I think were atheist, Pat Tillman and Arian Foster.  

Jaire doesn't seem to say anything about religion, I don't think Kevin King does either.  

Archived