Penske File Mock 1.0

Arthur Penske

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Thanked a certain someone.

Lol, why is everyone tiptoeing around saying God?  You can say God on this site.  It is not a reflection of your beliefs to say what somebody else said about God. 

There are rules on this site about discussing religion and race, but that does not mean you can't reference them. 

You can't discuss race, but you can say a guy is white.  You can say a guy is black. 

You can't discuss religion, but you can say Tim Tebow loves Jesus, and you can say Gute thanked God without getting some sort of ban hammer. 

You can also say, blatantly, that Ted Thompson preferred players with strength in their faiths. 

You can't say something like, "I'm a Christian, I'm an atheist," but you can say that Jachai Polite, for example, is a Christian or that Pat Tilman or Arian Foster, for example, are atheists when discussing the likelihood of the Packers drafting/signing them based on verifiable trends. 

Just like you can discuss football implications of domestic violence or drug-related suspensions, but you can't talk about those actual things out of relation to football. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, why is everyone tiptoeing around saying God?  You can say God on this site.  It is not a reflection of your beliefs to say what somebody else said about God. 

There are rules on this site about discussing religion and race, but that does not mean you can't reference them. 

You can't discuss race, but you can say a guy is white.  You can say a guy is black. 

You can't discuss religion, but you can say Tim Tebow loves Jesus, and you can say Gute thanked God without getting some sort of ban hammer. 

You can also say, blatantly, that Ted Thompson preferred players with strength in their faiths. 

You can't say something like, "I'm a Christian, I'm an atheist," but you can say that Jachai Polite, for example, is a Christian or that Pat Tilman or Arian Foster, for example, are atheists when discussing the likelihood of the Packers drafting/signing them based on verifiable trends. 

Just like you can discuss football implications of domestic violence or drug-related suspensions, but you can't talk about those actual things out of relation to football. 

"Certain someone" damn right

Lol.

I think we realize that, it's just trying to help avoid the path it can go down where we debate the merits of looking at religious people that then becomes some debate on the merits of religion, more or less. I know that's why I shy from it somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am an atheist.  There, I said it.  

Just a quick look at the roster, and I don't think the faithfulness is as prevalent as it was a few years ago.  I am not sure that Ted didn't tone that part down just a little bit.  Or maybe more of the players have removed the religious references from their twitter bios.  A quick glace over some of their twitter profiles showed me that most of them don't really tweet about that anymore.  Even Mason Crosby hasn't tweeted about it for the 5 months that I looked back.  I'm not sure that it is as telling as it may have been 5-8 years ago.  And that included the end of TT's tenure.

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Too lazy to look somethint about gutey uo, but write this novella?

its just something to tip toe around because it leads discussion off track ( see this thread) and people on every side get worked up over small details when discussing it. 

7 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I don't know man......Feel like you overdrafted both the 1st round picks.  Need over talent- that's lack of vision.  Liked the FA scenario.  Like Irv in round two. 

Could agree with that on Bryant, really doubt it on Polite unless he’s a midget at the combine or something.

Archived