Pre-Superbowl Mock

ajura pyta

Packers fan here - I don't understand why Jacai Polite has risen up draft boards so much, seems like Sweat is better than him, and just because there is an elite group ahead of them, doesn't mean they should rise too... if all the elite edge rushers are gone, then go to a different position... like

DT Jeffery Simmons, WR AJ Brown, S Deionte Thompson or CB Byron Murphy (who is a lot like the Packers last year first round pick)

As for WR Marquise Brown... the Packers seem to have size minimums especially for higher round picks, and Brown wouldn't make that minimum by the numbers I've seen for him... though there is a chance his athletic skillset could over ride that... it's much more likely another team grabs him... just trying to be realist.

if im the jags i probably pick Lindstrom over irv smith because Rg is a Huge Hole for us while at TE our cubbard isnt great but under coughlin rule we never really invested much into the position outside of signing Kyle Brady.  round 4 i would go with a TE and its not just because i went with lindstorm in round 2. Bradbury is a bad fit for us as we are more of a Power scheme then a Zone scheme and Bradbury is a ZBS guy. i would prefer a more complete te like Moreau tho it might be a lil early for him.  round 6 i probably take Jace Sternberger or Terry McLaurin tho Lonnie Johnson is not a bad choice at all but i feel CB isnt a big need for us as we have a Highly regard UDFA from last year in Quenton meeks and we also have Tre Herndon(he made the 53 over Meeks).  McLaurin because we need some wr HELP and we have scouted Ohio State hardcore this year and Sternberger just because he seems like a steal at the spot.  round 7 i go Greg dortch cuz he reminds me of Tyreek Hill

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Packers fan here - I don't understand why Jacai Polite has risen up draft boards so much, seems like Sweat is better than him, and just because there is an elite group ahead of them, doesn't mean they should rise too... if all the elite edge rushers are gone, then go to a different position... like

DT Jeffery Simmons, WR AJ Brown, S Deionte Thompson or CB Byron Murphy (who is a lot like the Packers last year first round pick)

As for WR Marquise Brown... the Packers seem to have size minimums especially for higher round picks, and Brown wouldn't make that minimum by the numbers I've seen for him... though there is a chance his athletic skillset could over ride that... it's much more likely another team grabs him... just trying to be realist.

polite seems to have the better 1st step and better bend. 

ATLANTA FALCONS

14. Christian Wilkins- DT- Clemson - Great pick i have no complaints with Wilkins.

45. Chris Lindstrom- G- Boston College - Another outstanding pick he might be my fav. OG in the draft him or Ford. 

79. Jaquan Johnson- S- Miami - This pick makes no sense at all and is a wasted pick. Our safety group is loaded and already have 3 top tier to pro bowl type players there.

117. Tyree Jackson- QB- Buffalo - Another pick that doesn't make a ton of sense as we don't need a Qb to train under matt for a few more years. and a backup isn't worth this high with real needs.

137. Ryan Connelly- LB- Wisconsin - Pretty good pick i have no complaints with more LB Depth.

153. Dennis Daley- OT- S. Carolina - Good pick as we need more depth on the O-line to compete there.

173. John Cominsky- DE- Charleston - No problems here either bring on the trenches.  Actually we need to use that 3rd or 4th pick on a DE, OG, OT or DT as well.

188. Jace Sternberger- TE- Texas A&M - Sure why not add more depth to TE with some upside.

232. Mark Fields- CB- Clemson - CB might actually end up being a bigger need and we could look at one sooner if we release Alford not sure on this one.

So overall you really did solid outside of the 3rd and 4th pick which were wasted picks overall and need to be replaced really badly as neither of them should ever see the field unless a catastrophe hits again.

Here are the 2 players that should be picked instead of Johnson and Jacson in your draft.

79 - Rock Ya Sin - CB    ,  Bennie Snells Jr - RB  ,   Connor Mcgovern - OG  ,  Mitch Hyatt - OT, or Deandre Walker - LB  ,  Charles Omenihu- DE    Any of these guys would be a phenomenal pick there and all needs unlike safety. 

117 - Greg Gaines - DT - Here is our 1T run stuffer that we need and don't have so far.    Grady, Senat, Wilkins, Gaines   Thats a pretty formidable DT rotation of young hungry guys who can kick peoples butts in the middle.  We need atleast 1 of these guys to replace a guy like Poe and McClain.   Wilkins can do it as well but we need 4 DT's at minnimum.

Still good to see a mock from you already and was a solid 1st go at it.   Here is a good list of needs for us for future mocks for draft and FA if you do FA as well on others.

Starters -  DT,  OT, OGx2, DE

Depth -
Power RB (that can carry the load incase Freeman gets hurt and can also do short yardage.  Colemans replacement to add with Ito and Freeman
CB - To replace Alford if he leaves
DT (1T) - Run stuffing big body to replace Poe and McClain plus to give us 4 DT's.
DE/LB - Can always use more depth at both of those positions. 

Thats really about it if all those are covered somehow then you can start adding guys like TE, WR, St returner/Ace  etc.. later in the draft.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, Pruitt3443 said:

Not a good job for the Browns at all. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:12 PM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Sorry but horrible Browns draft. We def don't need a safety when we already have Jabril Peppers at SS and Denorious Randall at FS and you dont fill our biggest need until round 4 and our 2nd biggest in round 5. I like the Ya-Sin, Gay, and Miller picks but the DT position should be addressed round 1 or 2 at the absolute latest imo. Browns needs are DT, LB, CB, WR, OT, and K in that order. 

Agree with these assessments. While Thomson is worthy of a first round pick, Cleveland still has some major holes that cannot be ignored, such as DT and LE. 

And I'd love another WR (Deebo is one of my favorites), but it's not a huge need. Also, Hyatt is more of a late round pick IMO, but we'll see what happens. 

Overall quality work though not a fan of our draft in particular.

Archived