Leisher's 2019 Mock Draft 2-1-19 (Crazy **** mock!)

jleisher

My scenario is big Edge rusher and OL to protect #12.  Sorry, no cap space stuff in this one.  Just dreaming Gute's goes crazy!

Free Agents:

Mosley_C.J.CJ Mosley ILB Ravens 3yrs/$30m  ($10m guaranteed.)  ???  Ball will work his magic.

180606_barrett_headShaquil Barrett Edge Broncos 4yrs/$40m  ($10m guaranteed.)

Trey Flowers.Trey Flowers DE New England 4yrs/$44m  ($14m guaranteed.)

#26 - CB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland CB Packers 2yrs/$16m  ($6m guaranteed.)

white_kevinKevin White WR Bears 1yr/$1m  (No guarantees.)

ERFA/RFA:

#29 - S <forge-entity title="Kentrell Brice" slug="kentrell-brice" code="player">Kentrell Brice</forge-entity>Kentrell Brice

#16 - WR Jake KumerowJake Kumerow

#62 - G <forge-entity title="Lucas Patrick" slug="lucas-patrick" code="player">Lucas Patrick</forge-entity>Lucas Patrick

#64 - G <forge-entity title="Justin McCray" slug="justin-mccray" code="player">Justin McCray</forge-entity>Justin McCray

#85 - TE <forge-entity title="Robert Tonyan" slug="robert-tonyan" code="player">Robert Tonyan</forge-entity>Robert Tonyan Jr.

Here comes some more crazy ****!

2019 Mock Draft:

Gute's goes crazy and goes for the big Edge rusher.  It costs us an arm and a leg, plus our first born, but he pulls the trigger giving up picks #12, #30 in this draft, plus 1st rd picks in 2020 and 2021 to 49ers for pick #2.

#2.  

Josh Allen NFL

Scouting Report: Josh Allen

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s 2019 Mock Draft

School: Kentucky Position: Outside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 230 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Tall linebacker that has excellent pass rush skills off of the edge as well. Excellent instincts, doesn’t take false steps that get him out of position in coverage. Able to patrol sideline to sideline and a very good open field tackler.  (Here you boys, the Stud you've been crying for. We sold the farm, but we got him.)

#44.  Texans come calling, see a player they want so the offer picks #53 and #55.  What!  That's just crazy!  Gute's says hell to the yeah.

#53.  Dalton Risner NFL

Scouting Report: Dalton Risner

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Kansas Sate Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 300 Projected Draft Round: 2-3

Scouting Report:

A modern right tackle prospect that projects more of a pass protector than a road grader run blocker. Excellent against speed, with great feet and balance. Sets quickly and isn’t easily put into bad position by crafty pass rushers. Uses his hands well, and while he doesn’t overpower opponents, he uses his length to keep pass rushers at bay. Superb ability to get the next level, and pulls well. Not going to be that bulldozer right tackle that was coveted years ago, but is a fit at right tackle in today’s game.  (Yeah, might not be there, but this is my crazy mock.)

#55.  Chris Lindstrom NFL

Scouting Report: Chris Lindstrom

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Boston College Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 305 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Predominantly man-blocking, old school offensive line blocking scheme teams will find his skillset ideal. He has experienced playing outside as well, but looks more natural as interior man to man blocker, particularly in the run game. Plays with a burst you normally see just with speed rushing defensive ends, and snaps into position off of the snap. Seems to have a lot of natural strength, as he plays stronger than his stated height and weight.  (Has been a favorite of mine for awhile, was in most of my earlier mocks, love the report of him and Risner hitting it off at the Senior Bowl.)

#75.  Michael Deiter NFL

Scouting Report: Michael Deiter

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Wisconsin Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-6 Weight: 321 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

Experienced at all offensive line positions, versatile, but built and plays like a guard that can dominate in smaller spaces. For a bigger guard, has active feet that he uses to keep defenders moving where he wants them to go. Agile enough to pull and get to the next level quickly as well. Very good hand usage that locks up defenders as he uses his powerful base to gain leverage. Can play in any offensive line system.  (Can play all 5 OL positions, the rebuilding of the OL is complete.  Pushes Taylor for LG.)

#114.  Khalen Saunders NFL

Scouting Report: Khalen Saunders

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Western Illinois Position: Defensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6’1 Weight: 322 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Disruptive off of the snap with quick feet and a sudden burst. Able to wreak havoc with his explosion off of the line, using a number of pass rush moves along with agile footwork. Can anchor as well, and has good balance and gets in position and locks down.  (The defensive front is going to kick ***!)

#118.  Lukas-Denis-S-Boston-College.jpg?zoom=0.

Scouting Report: Lukas Denis

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Boston College Position: Safety Class: Senior Height: 5-11 Weight: 185 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

Great instincts and plays with precision. Plays well over the top in coverage, with better than average hands to haul in interception opportunities. Lack of size is an issue in against the run.  (Here's your CFer.)

#151.  Tommy Sweeney NFL

Scouting Report: Tommy Sweeney

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Boston College Position: Tight End Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 250 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Reliable and very well balanced all around tight end prospect. No particular weakness in his game, but also doesn’t have any specific elite trait. However, his ability to pass block, run block, block in space, catch the ball away from his body consistently, run solid routes, and box out smaller defenders makes him a very valuable movable piece in today’s NFL.

#187.  Blace Brown NFL

Scouting Report: Blace Brown

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Troy Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6-0 Weight: 185 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Ballhawk corner that plays with exceptional fluidity and speed. A finesse player that spent his first year in college on offense, he plays the corner position much like a wide receiver that believes he has equal rights to every pass thrown toward the receiver he is covering. Always willing to tackle, he will need to work on his tackling technique to be more effective, and to stay healthy in the long run.  (Add depth.)

#195.  Jordan Brailford NFL

Scouting Report: Jordan Brailford

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Oklahoma State Position: Outside Linebacker / Defensive End Class: Junior Height: 6-3 Weight: 250 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

Extremely versatile front seven defender, that best projects as an OLB in a 3-4. Most NFL teams prefer to call themselves “multiple” and prize players that can be moved around. Brailford has played every linebacker position and put his hand in the dirt as an edge rusher. Good length, that will allow him to develop a bigger array of pass rush moves that he can use effectively. Decent in coverage, and his experience at linebacker will make him attractive to two gapping defenses that need versatile edge players.

#228.  Matt Sokol NFL

Scouting Report: Matt Sokol

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Michigan State Position: Tight End Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 250 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Essentially you have to throw out last year’s tape for players on the Spartan’s offense, as that unit utterly collapsed under poor coaching and a QB injury that never got resolved. To that end, Sokol is a tight end prospect that is going under the radar, and could end up being a major sleeper in the draft. Wasn’t utilized in the passing game as much as expected, but shows nice acceleration off of the snap and is able to get open with a big catch radius. Good as both a run and pass blocker, and projects as a very good all around prospect at the position.  (Sleeper)

Yeah, I know we won't trade 4 #1 picks and sign all those free agents, but like I said, it's some crazy ****!

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

So we give $11m a year and $10m a year respectively to 2 different edges and then trade 4 1sts to move up 10 picks and get another edge? Yeah I didn't even bother looking at the rest of the draft after that.

It is an aggressive way to go.  Perry, Flowers, Barrett, Josh Allen.....all looking up at sack leader Kyler Sackrell at the end of 2019 season.

Not sure I see the GB Packers being 1 player away and trading 2 future 1st (and a net total of 3 first round picks) for an unproven player. 

Still a gaping hole at Safety going into 2019

I really enjoy reading everyone's mock drafts, including yours.

That said,  I didn't enjoy this one.  4 first round picks for a 10 spot move up not for a franchise QB is terrible.   Any GM thinking of this should be terminated before he could execute this plan.   The Bears got Mack for less than half that price.

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

Thank you everyone for telling me what I already knew.  That's why the title of the mock.  Just one for fun.  Thanks!

It's not fun, it's annoying. Like one poster said, it has now become trolling. If you want to do a mock draft, please do a serious one rather than these trolling, totally unrealistic ones. 

4 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Thank you everyone for telling me what I already knew.  That's why the title of the mock.  Just one for fun.  Thanks!

I get it's for fun. I disagree that Allen is worth that many firsts though. If we're dropping that many firsts to go up to number 2 I feel like it has to be either Bosa or Williams.

Archived