Which team without a starting qb has the best supporting cast going into 2019?

Kiwibrown

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't all 32 teams have a Starter at QB? Or did you mean without a Legit FQB? If it's the latter...

Dallas.

Most teams don't even have that as a far as I'm concerned (even your beloved Eagles). But then again, I don't throw around the label "franchise QB" all willy nilly as much I see most people doing either. 

31 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Are our choices Jax, Cincy, Den, TB, Mia, Oak, and Wash?

Jax seems like the likely answer.

Yeah this seems like an odd question. 

Jax just extended Bortles to 3 yr $53M deal. Even though we all know he isn't the answer, I gotta beileve they know he is their best option for next season.

The Giants could be one of those teams. But with Eli? Not sure (although they should) because that would mean cutting him --ideally anyhow. Entering the last season of his contract while on a team not exactly strapped with cap space, it would seem like the logical thing to do. But I'm not sure how well that would go over with the lockerroom based on what we have seen already.

TB is on the hook for 20M for Winston this year after picking up his 5th year option with a new coach he has (somewhat) of a history with. So I'm not sure why he wouldn't be the starter.

Den could be one for sure but much like TB, Keenum is locked in for 21M. But then again if they wait until post-june  they could cut that in half and take the 10M hit.

OAK shouldn't (imo as they already have a QB they can win with) but we're talking about Gruden here so who knows. He probably has ideas of bringing Phil Simms or Brett Favre out of retirement.

-----------------------------------------

Given the unfortunate Smith situation, WAS is definitely the best team to choose as an example of a team without a starting QB heading into next season. The rest of the NFL seem to either be set at the QB position or on the edge with tough decisions to still make.

edit: And Miami. forgot about them.

43 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Jax just extended Bortles to 3 yr $53M deal. Even though we all know he isn't the answer, I gotta beileve they know he is their best option for next season.

The Giants could be one of those teams. But with Eli? Not sure (although they should) because that would mean cutting him --ideally anyhow. Entering the last season of his contract while on a team not exactly strapped with cap space, it would seem like the logical thing to do. But I'm not sure how well that would go over with the lockerroom based on what we have seen already.

TB is on the hook for 20M for Winston this year after picking up his 5th year option with a new coach he has (somewhat) of a history with. So I'm not sure why he wouldn't be the starter.

Den could be one for sure but much like TB, Keenum is locked in for 21M. But then again if they wait until post-june  they could cut that in half and take the 10M hit.

OAK shouldn't (imo as they already have a QB they can win with) but we're talking about Gruden here so who knows. He probably has ideas of bringing Phil Simms or Brett Favre out of retirement.

-----------------------------------------

Given the unfortunate Smith situation, WAS is definitely the best team to choose as an example of a team without a starting QB heading into next season. The rest of the NFL seem to either be set at the QB position or on the edge with tough decisions to still make.

edit: And Miami. forgot about them.

Well none of those teams are stable at the QB position. There has at least been talk of going to a new starter or the starter lost their job at some point last year.

There will be some movement. Bridgewater, Foles, Tannehill, Flacco and Tyrod Taylor may all get a chance to compete to start somewhere.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well none of those teams are stable at the QB position. There has at least been talk of going to a new starter or the starter lost their job at some point last year.

There will be some movement. Bridgewater, Foles, Tannehill, Flacco and Tyrod Taylor may all get a chance to compete to start somewhere.

Don't take it the wrong way like I'm saying this isn't a worthy topic or anything. I do. I just feel lie this would be better suited to discuss maybe after the draft when the picture becomes more clear to us. Right now there is just too many unanswered questions because of the timing of the thread is all.

25 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I would vote Minnesota myself. Get them a winning QB they could be dangerous.

I tend to agree. Cousins is an average QB. MN has some flaws on offense, specifically as a running team and the OL, I'm not convinced Cousins has the ability to lead a deep playoff run.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I tend to agree. Cousins is an average QB. MN has some flaws on offense, specifically as a running team and the OL, I'm not convinced Cousins has the ability to lead a deep playoff run.

In my mine Cook has proven to be a great back. If you guys can land one good guard that can make a nice hole you're in business there. 

Cousins just lacks something...can't put my finger on it but he is lacking something. Thielen and Diggs made him look a little better stat wise than I think he is.

Archived