Which Non-QB would you draft at 10?

DiehardBronxFan

So, just to get some focused discussion going, I though it might be interesting to talk about our preferred pick at 10.  For purposes of this discussion, let’s assume we’re NOT taking a QB.  We’ll leave that for another topic.  In this scenario, we stand pat - no trade up or trade down, and just take the best positional player available.

Who would you like that to be, from the “realistically available” players?  White? Williams? Will Taylor fall? 

Let the discussion begin!

2 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

So, just to get some focused discussion going, I though it might be interesting to talk about our preferred pick at 10.  For purposes of this discussion, let’s assume we’re NOT taking a QB.  We’ll leave that for another topic.  In this scenario, we stand pat - no trade up or trade down, and just take the best positional player available.

Who would you like that to be, from the “realistically available†players?  White? Williams? Will Taylor fall? 

Let the discussion begin!

I'm teading down and either picking the safety from Delaware or a lineman prospect.  Cravens is a bust and the line prospects are so deep.

If I had to stand pat devin white. Vangios d needs a start mlb in my opinion. 

If Denver doesn’t go QB I could see them going almost anywhere else, save WR, RB, TE.

I think Devin White would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn’t count out Devin Bush either, reportedly he could blow up the combine and being undersized at LB isn’t really cause for concern in today’s NFL.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

If Denver doesn’t go QB I could see them going almost anywhere else, save WR, RB, TE.

I think Devin White would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn’t count out Devin Bush either, reportedly he could blow up the combine and being undersized at LB isn’t really cause for concern in today’s NFL.

I'm kinda with you @germ-x. There's a lot of talent available at that spot that are also positions of need. IMO we should just set up our board and take the highest rated player available at 10. You couldn't really go wrong.

So BPA at OL, DL, LB, or secondary.  But who is that?  No consensus as far as I can tell how those positions stack within themselves, let alone between positions.  For example, if all were available at 10, AND WE CANT TRADE DOWN, would you take:

Greedy Williams

Baker

White

Bush

wilkens 

Oliver

Dillard 

Taylor?

From what I can tell, very good chance that all or most of these would be available. And almost no consensus at to which is the preferred pick at each position, let alone overall.

So, who do we take?

easy answer, of course, is that if the talent is that close, and we have that many holes, you trade Down.  But again, assuming we can’t trade down - who is your pick?

Counselor takes Baker, and Germ-X takes White.  How about the rest of you? 

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

So BPA at OL, DL, LB, or secondary.  But who is that?  No consensus as far as I can tell how those positions stack within themselves, let alone between positions.  For example, if all were available at 10, AND WE CANT TRADE DOWN, would you take:

Greedy Williams

Baker

White

Bush

wilkens 

Oliver

Dillard 

Taylor?

From what I can tell, very good chance that all or most of these would be available. And almost no consensus at to which is the preferred pick at each position, let alone overall.

So, who do we take?

easy answer, of course, is that if the talent is that close, and we have that many holes, you trade Down.  But again, assuming we can’t trade down - who is your pick?

I like Dilliard but I think you can get him in the 20s even if you take a little less on the value end. Say like Dillard and a 3rd would be ideal. 

I wanna get talent under our best coaches so well see.

Greedy williams is off the board for me. The character issues will remove him from our board unless he drops to round 2 or 3.

55 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Greedy Williams

Baker

White

Bush

wilkens 

Oliver

Dillard 

Taylor?

So, who do we take?

If the reports I've read are true (still haven't seen him play) I don't see how you could pass on Jonah Williams if he's there at 10. We'd have quite a pair of OT's to develop under Munchak.

37 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

If the reports I've read are true (still haven't seen him play) I don't see how you could pass on Jonah Williams if he's there at 10. We'd have quite a pair of OT's to develop under Munchak.

Agree with that.  For this exercise, I assumed he,s gone.  But if not, would be very difficult for me to pass on 

48 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Agree with that.  For this exercise, I assumed he,s gone.  But if not, would be very difficult for me to pass on 

Yeah, Williams is a good prospect.  Taylor our of Florida intrigues me more just based on what I’ve read.  I haven’t watched him yet, but from what I’ve read he’s an exceptional athlete for a 6’5” 325 pounder.  

Remeber when Cam Newton went #1, then Von Miller #2, however there was alot of opinion that we should pick Dareus...

...then Cam & Von met in the SB...

Rare, but perfect example where a really good QB wasn’t good enough :)

I’d want the very best player at a position we value highly. Not just a good prospect, but when one is picking this high, don’t REACH.

45 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Remeber when Cam Newton went #1, then Von Miller #2, however there was alot of opinion that we should pick Dareus...

...then Cam & Von met in the SB...

Rare, but perfect example where a really good QB wasn’t good enough :)

I’d want the very best player at a position we value highly. Not just a good prospect, but when one is picking this high, don’t REACH.

Honestly, in that draft you really couldn’t go wrong with any of the top 6 selected.  Not saying Miller wasn’t the right pick, he was, but even Dareus who is the worst of the top 6 was an absolute monster in his first 4 seasons and if he didn’t have the off the field stuff probably could’ve extended that dominance out over close to 8 years.

43 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Honestly, in that draft you really couldn’t go wrong with any of the top 6 selected.  Not saying Miller wasn’t the right pick, he was, but even Dareus who is the worst of the top 6 was an absolute monster in his first 4 seasons and if he didn’t have the off the field stuff probably could’ve extended that dominance out over close to 8 years.

The 2011 draft was insane outside of the QB position depth 

59 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I really wanted Peterson.

Archived