Jump to content
DiehardBronxFan

Which Non-QB would you draft at 10?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I really wanted Peterson.

Yeah, thinking back to that time it seemed everyone in the forum was pretty much on board with Miller, Peterson, or Dareus.  I was in the Dareus camp, but perfectly fine with Miller or Peterson.

Not that Miller/Peterson aren’t ridiculous athletes, but Dareus was such a freak of an athlete.  6’3” 320+ and ran a 4.93 with 34 inch arms and over 10 inch hands. He had double digit sack potential as a 320+ pounder, which is no easy task.  He showed that type of promise early in his career.

Edited by germ-x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt like at least half of us wanted Dareus. That would have been my pick. Liked Peterson but we had Champ and it had been years since we had anything decent at DT. I Honestly, Von was my least favorite of the three we argued about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not impressed with Brady. I think Bilichick’s defenses get the nod for all but 1 SB - vs the Falcons. I refuse to acknowledge Brady as the GOAT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I’m not impressed with Brady. I think Bilichick’s defenses get the nod for all but 1 SB - vs the Falcons. I refuse to acknowledge Brady as the GOAT. 

Haha.  He’s the greatest.  Maybe not the most talented, but he’s probably going to break every record in the book and have more SBs than any QB.

He’s an absolutely ridiculous competitor who will sacrifice stats and money to win championships.  

Could he have done it anywhere else?  Probably not, but the rings/stats speak for themselves.  

I can’t stand the Patriots, but you just have to sit back and admire what they’ve done.  We’ll never see it again in our lifetime. 

Edited by germ-x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Haha.  He’s the greatest.  Maybe not the most talented, but he’s probably going to break every record in the book and have more SBs than any QB.

He’s an absolutely ridiculous competitor who will sacrifice stats and money to win championships.  

Could he have done it anywhere else?  Probably not, but the rings/stats speak for themselves.  

I can’t stand the Patriots, but you just have to sit back and admire what they’ve done.  We’ll never see it again in our lifetime. 

I think Brady has the best resume but I think Bellicheck is the best NFL entity in NFL history.  I mean he replenishes that system like no one else. I mean you can't touch that gm / head coach combo.  I mean every year they're back half of the draft and they still field a complete team. That's whats impressive.  

 

I think a lot of qbs could be successful in Bradys situation but he made the most of it. I think he's great I just don't think he's the goat. I think Rodgers or manning would of had similar success. That's just me though. 

 

People say brady worked with nothing this year yet that oline stepped up in the biggest moments as well as the d.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thebestever6 said:

I think Brady has the best resume but I think Bellicheck is the best NFL entity in NFL history.  I mean he replenishes that system like no one else. I mean you can't touch that gm / head coach combo.  I mean every year they're back half of the draft and they still field a complete team. That's whats impressive.  

 

I think a lot of qbs could be successful in Bradys situation but he made the most of it. I think he's great I just don't think he's the goat. I think Rodgers or manning would of had similar success. That's just me though. 

Belichick is also the GOAT at what he does.  I don’t even think it’s so much about replenishing, the Patriots for years now haven’t been the most talented team on the field.  Belichick’s greatest strength is his ability to adapt to his talent and a changing NFL, which if you look at other long time coaches is usually their Achilles heel.  The Patriots since Belichick has taken over have won SBs in so many different ways with a variety of schemes.  Belichick doesn’t demand a single system, he puts players in a position to succeed better than anyone in the history of the game, he adapts his offense/defense based on the talent.  

As far as Brady and the argument against him being the greatest, there are just so many holes and hypotheticals in that.  For starters, Belichick isn’t an easy coach to play for, even at QB you have to be selfless to stick around.  Rodgers likely could’ve put up ridiculous numbers, but that relationship never would’ve lasted, I honestly don’t know that Peyton Manning and Belichick could have lasted for 2 decades.

Brady, while in a unique situation considering the amount of money his wife makes, has sacrificed more for championships than probably anyone in the history of sports.

The Belichick/Brady pairing was a match made in football heaven.  2 incredibly driven people who only care about championships to define their legacy.

It won’t happen again in our lifetime and probably ever in the history of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Belichick is also the GOAT at what he does.  I don’t even think it’s so much about replenishing, the Patriots for years now haven’t been the most talented team on the field.  Belichick’s greatest strength is his ability to adapt to his talent and a changing NFL, which if you look at other long time coaches is usually their Achilles heel.  The Patriots since Belichick has taken over have won SBs in so many different ways with a variety of schemes.  Belichick doesn’t demand a single system, he puts players in a position to succeed better than anyone in the history of the game, he adapts his offense/defense based on the talent.  

As far as Brady and the argument against him being the greatest, there are just so many holes and hypotheticals in that.  For starters, Belichick isn’t an easy coach to play for, even at QB you have to be selfless to stick around.  Rodgers likely could’ve put up ridiculous numbers, but that relationship never would’ve lasted, I honestly don’t know that Peyton Manning and Belichick could have lasted for 2 decades.

Brady, while in a unique situation considering the amount of money his wife makes, has sacrificed more for championships than probably anyone in the history of sports.

The Belichick/Brady pairing was a match made in football heaven.  2 incredibly driven people who only care about championships to define their legacy.

It won’t happen again in our lifetime and probably ever in the history of football.

It is but to pick back third of the first round every year including back 4 most years thats just crazy. I mean sony michel gets drafted and has played phenomenal the last half of the year. Gronk was a second rounder and his 8 years he put in thats an amazing pick. Edelman was a 7th rounder and just takes over at slot once welker another great leaves. 

Bill bellicheck managers the cap and the roster better than anyone ever. He doesn't over spend he builds a roster that he knows can compete and gets everything out of him. This defense was supposed to be bad they didn't add much after giving up a ton of points to philly last year. Yet they let up 3 points to the potent rama.

They also have the best oline coach which is huge lets not forget he retired the year he faced us. 

And I think Peyton and Bill Bellicheck would of had equal success it's just my opinion.  Brady has done his part he's driven the keys to a ferrari since 2001. Even though he the Astin Martin spokesman. 

 

The thing about the other qbs is so off base. I think if they saw that winning culture they wouldn't mess that up. I think a lot of Rodgers being a diva coincides with them not winning and if Brady wasn't winning whos to say he wouldn't act the same way.

Patriots were textbook tonight in critical areas.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ and why isn't Bellicheck easy to play for? I bet nate ebner loves playing for him, as well as gronk, as well as Edelman as well as Willfork, as well as matt slater.

 

Alot of guys care more about winning than having a tough disciplined coach.

I think guys like Rodgers and Manning care about rings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

^^^ and why isn't Bellicheck easy to play for? I bet nate ebner loves playing for him, as well as gronk, as well as Edelman as well as Willfork, as well as matt slater.

 

Alot of guys care more about winning than having a tough disciplined coach.

I think guys like Rodgers and Manning care about rings. 

Just as long as it doesn't interfere with their salary demands. They have their priorities, Brady has his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Just as long as it doesn't interfere with their salary demands. They have their priorities, Brady has his.

I think manning could of made more than 20 mill a year on another team there were 5 teams coveting him in 2012. Brady has a supermodel wife who makes way more than him. And how many gms can say if you take a discount you'll be able to go to the title game every year  .

Pakers lets be honest they've been beyond frugal in free agency since Rodgers was there. So there's no saying they'd use that cap savings on anything.  

Patriots are a dynasty the biggest reason in my eyes are the ability to add talent yearly even though they're picking the very back of the draft every year. That's just so impressive to me we saw how elway did 2012 to 2017 picking back half of the draft. And that's one of the biggest reasons we've picked top 10 last two years 

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't go QB, there's a wealth of potential DT/CB options, and then Devin White. I'm thinking Ed Oliver, Jeffery Simmons (this one is dicey with the DV history), DeAndre Baker, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams.

That's a lot of really good prospects, and then you have some potential OL guys too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

If we don't go QB, there's a wealth of potential DT/CB options, and then Devin White. I'm thinking Ed Oliver, Jeffery Simmons (this one is dicey with the DV history), DeAndre Baker, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams.

That's a lot of really good prospects, and then you have some potential OL guys too.

My best guess would be we provide a big missing piece to each side of the ball in the first two rounds. Fangio loves his ILB's and White looks like he'd fit the bill. On the other side of the ball I can't think of any position that would improve our offense more than a RT. OT looks pretty deep this year and we should be able to get a good one in the 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think manning could of made more than 20 mill a year on another team there were 5 teams coveting him in 2012. Brady has a supermodel wife who makes way more than him. And how many gms can say if you take a discount you'll be able to go to the title game every year  .

Pakers lets be honest they've been beyond frugal in free agency since Rodgers was there. So there's no saying they'd use that cap savings on anything.  

Patriots are a dynasty the biggest reason in my eyes are the ability to add talent yearly even though they're picking the very back of the draft every year. That's just so impressive to me we saw how elway did 2012 to 2017 picking back half of the draft. And that's one of the biggest reasons we've picked top 10 last two years 

That might have something to do with Aaron Rodgers maintaining his position as the highest paid player in the NFL. 

Thats always bugged me. PM and Rodgers were always "team first" guys, just as long as the team realized that paying them more than anyone else was the top priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think would be White, Simmons or Ford (or a trade down) I'd say Williams or Oliver, but I would be shocked if they are available.

Different what many would think I don't think a CB would be the pick at 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I think would be White, Simmons or Ford (or a trade down) I'd say Williams or Oliver, but I would be shocked if they are available.

Different what many would think I don't think a CB would be the pick at 10.

Cb would be great but it's a bit of a luxury when you have as many roster holes as we do.

I'd think ILB or OT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×