Which Non-QB would you draft at 10?

DiehardBronxFan

On 2/6/2019 at 8:44 PM, germ-x said:

Yeah, Whites a guy I could see going as early as #4, but I could also see him falling a bit, ILBs often do.

I hope to God he does. Hes the guy I have my eye on at #10. Unfortunately there is no Denzel Ward level CB prospect the Broncos could target at #10 as all top 3 DBs seem to have pretty glaring holes with their on field play.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Broncos just take whoever they have as their top OL prospect if White is not there since CB seems like a reach. I would probably say Ed Oliver if he would be there, but I dont see the Broncos investing more top 10 drafts picks in the same position group with so many other holes.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Devin White would be a pipe dream I think. Some people have him going to Detroit but they recently picked Jarrad Davis so that doesn't make much sense to me.

All the mocks I've seen have us taking Ford, Taylor, White, or Lock.

So 2 RTs, an ILB, or a QB.

I'd be interested in what our forum members think is likely in the 1st 9 picks. I don't know the teams well enough to give it a shot.

It looks like we are all aboard the Devin White train for 1.10 - free agency has a few intriguing ILB that will be interesting to see where they land.

I am having a very hard time looking at players and saying "these guys are a lock for the top 10", beyond Q Williams and Bosa. Josh Allen is probably in that discussion as well, but I have seen mocks with him falling along with Ferrell and Wilkins - who I think it would benefit us greatly if they went top 10.

Since 2010, the first OL off the board has come at picks 4, 9, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 20 (sup Bolles), and 6 - there is a high likelihood that we are surprised and see an OL prospect off the board before our pick.

Since 2010 the first DB off the board has come at picks 5, 5, 6, 9, 8, 11, 5, 6, 4 - again I think we see a DB go before our pick.

Since 2010 the first WR off the board has come at picks 22, 4, 5, 8, 4, 4, 15, 5, 24 - not as sure of a thing that a WR will get picked in the top 10, but Metcalf going to the Bills or something would be great for us so we can hope.

Obviously all of this data is ignoring player ratings and is just looking at trends. ILB have definitely been prone to having the top pick fall outside the top 10.

57 minutes ago, OrangeNBlue86 said:

Which is your preference? It is nice to have a good blocking TE but Fant is a matchup nightmare. 

Thats so tough I say Hockenson just because hes a good receiving Te and an elite blocking te. That would help out the offense so much. Run game and pass game. Fant is no slouch either.

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Thats so tough I say Hockenson just because hes a good receiving Te and an elite blocking te. That would help out the offense so much. Run game and pass game. Fant is no slouch either.

I just can't see us at TE at 10. Elways got to see what he's got in Jake and Fumagali before he moves on.

36 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I just can't see us at TE at 10. Elways got to see what he's got in Jake and Fumagali before he moves on.

In the case of Hockenson, I could.  I’ve read multiple draftniks, some former NFL scouts, that claim Hockenson is the best blocking TE they’ve ever evaluated.  Factor in he has a lot of upside in the passing game and that’s one hell of a weapon.  If he really is that good a blocker that’s almost like having another OT on the field at all times who happens to also be able to catch 60 passes and be a mismatch in the red zone.

Jake Butt can’t be trusted, IIRC that’s 3 ACL tears dating back to High School.  Doesn’t mean he can’t stay healthy and turn into a good player, but I don’t think he’s a guy that can be counted on at this point.

52 minutes ago, germ-x said:

In the case of Hockenson, I could.  I’ve read multiple draftniks, some former NFL scouts, that claim Hockenson is the best blocking TE they’ve ever evaluated.  Factor in he has a lot of upside in the passing game and that’s one hell of a weapon.  If he really is that good a blocker that’s almost like having another OT on the field at all times who happens to also be able to catch 60 passes and be a mismatch in the red zone.

Jake Butt can’t be trusted, IIRC that’s 3 ACL tears dating back to High School.  Doesn’t mean he can’t stay healthy and turn into a good player, but I don’t think he’s a guy that can be counted on at this point.

Agree I like Butt and Troy has some receiving abilities but you can't rely on that if a perennial probowl is available. 

20 hours ago, AKRNA said:

We won't draft one at 10, but in my mind there's no reason to pass up Fant in Round 2 if he's there and we don't bring in someone in FA. Butt and Fumagalli aren't going to be the future of TE on this team. They are nice role players which are needed, but Denver needs to find someone better than just league average at the position. Hell, league average would even be a benefit, but they need someone with some skill. 

On 3/3/2019 at 9:57 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Devin White would be a pipe dream I think. Some people have him going to Detroit but they recently picked Jarrad Davis so that doesn't make much sense to me.

All the mocks I've seen have us taking Ford, Taylor, White, or Lock.

So 2 RTs, an ILB, or a QB.

The Alpha Football blog has us passing on White at 10 and trading down with Houston in their most recent mock:

http://alphafootballexpert.blogspot.com/2019/03/2019-3-round-nfl-mock-draft-3519-with.html

10 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

The Alpha Football blog has us passing on White at 10 and trading down with Houston in their most recent mock:

http://alphafootballexpert.blogspot.com/2019/03/2019-3-round-nfl-mock-draft-3519-with.html

Risner could be a good pick but us trading down and passing on White and Lock not sure Elway would do that.

But I would take in this mock (Hope we sign a WR in FA)

23- Devin Bush

41- Irv Smith

54- Jerry Tillery

71- Max Scharping

86- Juan Thornhill (former CB move him back excellent size and athleticism for the position. Fangio and Co could turn him into a steal)

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

We won't draft one at 10, but in my mind there's no reason to pass up Fant in Round 2 if he's there and we don't bring in someone in FA. Butt and Fumagalli aren't going to be the future of TE on this team. They are nice role players which are needed, but Denver needs to find someone better than just league average at the position. Hell, league average would even be a benefit, but they need someone with some skill. 

No argument here, we need a TE.

Archived