Would you consider these two at #12 and #30?

jleisher

OL Chris Lindstrom | Boston College

OT Dalton Risner | Kansas State

Risner and Lindstrom are categorized together because they manned the right side of the offensive efficiently. Lindstrom showed off his exceptional power in the run game, consistently controlling the line of scrimmage with his rare length and stout base. Risner has got a lot nasty to him in the trenches, which is formidable when coupled with his well-built frame with wide shoulders and a strong upper body. Both players looked comfortable on the move, climbing to the second level. Lindstrom and Risner opened big holes with their zone-blocking abilities when they were on the field together.  This is from Draftwire.com.  Would you take them in round #1 and go Edge in 2nd?

Just now, jleisher said:

Risner and Lindstrom are categorized together because they manned the right side of the offensive efficiently. Lindstrom showed off his exceptional power in the run game, consistently controlling the line of scrimmage with his rare length and stout base. Risner has got a lot nasty to him in the trenches, which is formidable when coupled with his well-built frame with wide shoulders and a strong upper body. Both players looked comfortable on the move, climbing to the second level. Lindstrom and Risner opened big holes with their zone-blocking abilities when they were on the field together.  This is from Draftwire.com.  Would you take them in round #1 and go Edge in 2nd?

Both are good football players, and if we took one of them at #30, I'd be fine with it. We need to get either an EDGE rusher or in interior D-lineman who can create pressure in the middle at #12. If they are gone you start looking at a trade down for a QB needy team and you rob them blind by demanding an additional #2. Miami and Washington are both likely to be in position to trade with. Remember the Bears traded from 3 to 2 to take the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft at #2 and in addition to #3 overall, #67, #111 and a 3rd this last year. 

I haven't watched/study all the OL prospects (and probably won't), but from I've seen so far of the hyped guys, I'm not sure I'd use a top 16 pick on any of the OL... this draft has some very good OL players, but I'm not sure any single one is elite for a top 16 selection.

As far as these two specifically... some ranking sites don't have either one in the top 45 players. While I might disagree with those rankings, drafting them both with #12 and #30 would seem like a desperation move, more than smart value move. 

But I don't see taking both, not even with trading #12 back with the Raiders for #24 and #27 (to go with our #30), I still don't see taking them both specifically with #27 and #30.)

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

If EDGE we’re addressed heavily in free agency, absolutely. Going back to back Oline in the first round wouldn’t be sexy and frankly it would boring as hell, but Rodgers potentially playing behind a line that talented to end his career would be amazing.

Except that they aren't THAT talented. Just taking anyone @12 doesn't make them the 12th best player.  Neither of them is worth the 12th pick.  I don't think either of them is a first rounder.

9 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Except that they aren't THAT talented. Just taking anyone @12 doesn't make them the 12th best player.  Neither of them is worth the 12th pick.  I don't think either of them is a first rounder.

I have no idea why but I read the OG post as Greg Little at 12 and Risner at 30. Yeah, I wouldn’t take Risner or Lindstrom at 12.

I don't know if you're aware but you also created an NFL Draft Discussion thread and ironically Picks #12 and #30 as well as players in the 2019 draft are of that VERY same topic! #Mindblown -- What you have to say about the draft isn't any more important then what the other posters in that thread are discussing. You don't need your own thread for this ... 

On 2/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, jleisher said:

Respectively... NO. 30 & 44 maybe if we traded back from 12 for 2 firsts or a #1 and a high 2nd. 

Archived