Would you consider these two at #12 and #30?

jleisher

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

No way. Saints fans are all excited about what he did and what he can be going forward. 4.5-7 sacks is about what anyone expected with him being such raw. 

Stats aren't super important with this one

Edit: if we gave the future first yeah I'd have been pissed lol. Would have been fine taking him there after what he's done so far

Considering we got a darn nice cornerback who performed very well this year and another 1st round pick, I'm not looking back at not drafting  Davenport one iota.  Pretty shrewd move and will be even better if that 30th pick pans out like we hope it does.

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Considering we got a darn nice cornerback who performed very well this year and another 1st round pick, I'm not looking back at not drafting  Davenport one iota.  Pretty shrewd move and will be even better if that 30th pick pans out like we hope it does.

Oh that's true. That's not what I was trying to do. I'm very happy with who we got

25 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh that's true. That's not what I was trying to do. I'm very happy with who we got

I agree.  I dig Jaire.  He was a great pick.  I could have gotten excited with Davenport there, too.  Trade seemed to work for both teams.

Now...I dig Jaire Plus that extra first more than just Davenport.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I agree.  I dig Jaire.  He was a great pick.  I could have gotten excited with Davenport there, too.  Trade seemed to work for both teams.

Now...I dig Jaire Plus that extra first more than just Davenport.

No doubt!  The only player we could have had that gives me pause is Derwin James ... he seems to be a truly special player.  Love Jaire though, and the extra #1 will be nice.

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

No doubt!  The only player we could have had that gives me pause is Derwin James ... he seems to be a truly special player.  Love Jaire though, and the extra #1 will be nice.

Derwin James.  I didn't think he could cover.  I was wrong.  I only "like" him now due to hindsight.  At the time of the trade, I was fine bypassing him.  

I didn't know much about Jaire, I thought he was too small to be on the board, so I didn't look at him.  I was skeptical about the pick, but he sure played bigger than he measured.  Hindsight on him is just fine.  Very happy with the pick.  He's one to build around.  I like his enthusiasm, too.  GB needs more of that.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Derwin James.  I didn't think he could cover.  I was wrong.  I only "like" him now due to hindsight.  At the time of the trade, I was fine bypassing him.  

I didn't know much about Jaire, I thought he was too small to be on the board, so I didn't look at him.  I was skeptical about the pick, but he sure played bigger than he measured.  Hindsight on him is just fine.  Very happy with the pick.  He's one to build around.  I like his enthusiasm, too.  GB needs more of that.

I also wasn't big on Derwin James for the same reasons. He was predominantly a box player at FSU and that scared the crap out of me. Even now, if you told me GB could have Derwin or Jaire and an additional 1 in 2019, I'd take Jaire and the extra 1.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I wanted James or Edmunds, and both were sitting there for the taking ... I was not real happy initially with the deal.  We dropped so low in the round, but then the trade back up fired me up a bit.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wanted James or Edmunds, and both were sitting there for the taking ... I was not real happy initially with the deal.  We dropped so low in the round, but then the trade back up fired me up a bit.

I don't like strong safeties that much, I don't think they're very important to playing good defense, and I thought James was a SS-only. I was not an Edmunds fan at all for the same reason.

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

IF Edmunds had played more as an EDGE in his college career, I'd probably would have felt more comfortable with him.  But he didn't.  At the time, I was pissed with the trade down.  There was still clearly a strong tier there that would be gone at 27, but then they went and traded up and I was okay again.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF Edmunds had played more as an EDGE in his college career, I'd probably would have felt more comfortable with him.  But he didn't.  At the time, I was pissed with the trade down.  There was still clearly a strong tier there that would be gone at 27, but then they went and traded up and I was okay again.

Not rehashing/revisiting the past but I thought Edmunds could have been moved around, been used from both the inside an outside and given our defensive front good versatility. I'm happy with Alexander so all's well that ends well - but I thought Edmunds top talent that in the right scheme / approach would have made headlines for us. 

8 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I don't think anybody is disputing these 2 Iowa TE are really good players at their position.  Main dispute on this thread ... are they indeed among top 15 players available to draft?    From all the reactions; it's all in the eye of the beholder.  Personally, I'd like to see either one picked by us with our 30th or 44th pick.

Top tier:

Bosa

Williams

Allen

-----------

2nd tier

(Simmons) - ACL

Oliver

Gary

Haskins

Ferrell

---------------

Then i think you need to have some conversations.  (Listed by position)

Sweat

Polite 

Burns

Greedy Williams

Jonah Williams

Cody Ford

Hockenson

D White

Wilkins

Murray

On 2/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, jleisher said:

OL Chris Lindstrom | Boston College

OT Dalton Risner | Kansas State

Risner and Lindstrom are categorized together because they manned the right side of the offensive efficiently. Lindstrom showed off his exceptional power in the run game, consistently controlling the line of scrimmage with his rare length and stout base. Risner has got a lot nasty to him in the trenches, which is formidable when coupled with his well-built frame with wide shoulders and a strong upper body. Both players looked comfortable on the move, climbing to the second level. Lindstrom and Risner opened big holes with their zone-blocking abilities when they were on the field together.  This is from Draftwire.com.  Would you take them in round #1 and go Edge in 2nd?

No dumb

On 2/13/2019 at 6:02 PM, Cheech said:

Talent Level/Position Value/Positional Need/Scheme Fit

++++

Top tier (Let's start talking trade ups about 6th)

Bosa 8/8/7/8 (31)

Williams: 8/8/5/8 (29)

-----------

2nd tier (I'm cool staying at 12)

Allen: 6/8/7/7 (28)

Ferrell 6/8/7/7 (28)

Oliver: 7/8/5/6 (26)

---------------

3rd tier (Hoping one of these guys falls to 30, but I'm trading back if this is all that's left at 12)

Gary 6/8/5/6 (25)

Sweat 4/8/7/6 (25)

Polite 5/8/7/5 (25)

Burns 5/8/7/4 (24)

Jonah Williams (5/7/6/6 (24)

Greedy Williams: 5/7/5/6 (23)

Jawaan Taylor ()

DeAndre Baker()

----------------

4th tier (Let's talk about #44)

Hockenson 6/4/5/7 (22)

Wilkins 5/8/5/4 (22)

Greg Little ()

Cody Ford 6/3/6/5 (20)

Johnathan Abrams ()

Byron Murphy ()

DreMont Jones ()

D White 6/3/4/6 (19)

Murray ()

Is how I'm feeling as of now with a TON of time left. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, Dubz41 said:

Whoa, perception doesn't match production.  He most definitely didn't light the world on fire.  If the Pack would've stayed put and drafted him and he had the same stats people would be calling him a bust.  11 regular season games, 21 total tackles, 4.5 sacks.  We would be crucifying Gute for that move.  Include that NO gave up a future #1 makes it hurt that much more. Maybe he gets better, maybe not.  Hell, Fack had double digit sacks and we still trash him.

Don't think this is true at all.  Packer fans are still up in the air about passing TJ Watt.  While Watt was slightly more productive he required almost twice as many snaps.  Watt had 2.5 more sacks, 4 more tackles for loss and just one more QB hit.  He also played in over 335 more snaps with his defense (Davenport played in 416 RS and Playoff snaps because of the preseason hand surgery and the in season toe injury that costs him a month).

If Packer fans are excited about Alexander after his rookie season they'd be jumping up and down about Davenport who looked dominate on occasion last year.  I'd imagine that New Orleans fans are extremely excited about Davenports future.

Don't see it being the same conversation in regards to Fack who didn't look like anything more than a STer for the entirety of his first 2 seasons.  As a rookie he was more known for being thrown 15 yards through the air by Trent Williams than anything he did on the field.

Archived