Would you consider these two at #12 and #30?

jleisher

3 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’d say not at 12. Anything other than a rusher at 12 would be a failure (considering class, how boards have fallen for us recently). 30 though, I’d grab an OL

OT maybe but he'd better be darn good one.  Otherwise, we have bigger fish to fry with that high of a pick.  Interior OL can be found in 3-5th round.  

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Stop trying to make Guards in the first round happen.

At 30 it would be okay if it was a legit high level guard. At 30 you aren’t getting a high level edge or OT prospect. 

NE had Mankins for a long time (and took a rb this year). Getting really good players at their position can be more important than grabbing value positions. 

24 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

At 30 it would be okay if it was a legit high level guard. At 30 you aren’t getting a high level edge or OT prospect. 

NE had Mankins for a long time (and took a rb this year). Getting really good players at their position can be more important than grabbing value positions. 

And scored 13 points last night. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ran for 152 yards against a stout front 4 and won their 6th Super Bowl! Isn't that the ultimate in a team sport, winning the Championship of that sport? 

I'm certainly not advocating for a running back or guard at 30, I'm in agreement with you for the most part. When you are arguing against the best franchise this century, if takes away from your argument, a lot. 

I happen to agree this year there should be a lot of talent left at O-line in late 2 though early 4 in this draft. I hope we get at least 2 and maybe a developmental guy in 6 or 7. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Ran for 152 yards against a stout front 4 and won their 6th Super Bowl! Isn't that the ultimate in a team sport, winning the Championship of that sport? 

I'm certainly not advocating for a running back or guard at 30, I'm in agreement with you for the most part. When you are arguing against the best franchise this century, if takes away from your argument, a lot. 

There's nothing stout against the Rams run defense. It was dead ******* last in the league, ranked 32nd in yards/rush. They play two 3-techs in Suh and Donald and have small ILBs. 

The Rams had a lowkey ****ty defense in general this year, ranked 21st in points per drive.

The Patriots winning the super bowl had everything to do with holding the Rams offense to 3 ******* points, the offense was trash all night.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You are right , QB position is way overvalued.  Punters and ST gunners only real value for first round picks based on 1 game sample

The Rams lost with everyone else playing well because their QB was a disaster. This was the perfect game to emphasize the value of the QB position.

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They controlled the game in a way we can’t. NE might not have won without Sony.

With that said, I’m not advocating for a rb or guard. However there is a trade off between positional value and having plus talent at other positions. SD and Philly would have gladly given up Mike Patterson and Luis Castillo for a stud guard in Mankins. Especially at pick 30, you are getting a guy half the league has a round 2 grade on. To some extent you have to grab the guy who can play.

16 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

They controlled the game in a way we can’t. NE might not have won without Sony.

With that said, I’m not advocating for a rb or guard. However there is a trade off between positional value and having plus talent at other positions. SD and Philly would have gladly given up Mike Patterson and Luis Castillo for a stud guard in Mankins. Especially at pick 30, you are getting a guy half the league has a round 2 grade on. To some extent you have to grab the guy who can play.

NE controlled the game with their running game, as evidenced by the Rams having only one game all year (that ridiculous one against the chiefs) where they had more offensive drives (Not including end of half drives)?

And New England would gladly move Mankins for any number of players in that draft that hit at the premiums. Guards barely have a higher hit rate in the early rounds than the actual premium spots, why play that game? Drafting a guard early is the NBA equivalent of taking a long mid range jump shot.

Archived