Eagles pick up Nick Foles option of 20 million (Nick Foles ops out)

49erurtaza

32 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The Rams should pursue him. Similar to Wentz, they'd use their system QB in the regular season, and then come playoffs, turn to Foles, who won't fold like a lawn chair when it matters most.

I think TN needs him. Much like Wentz, Mariota breaks into 100 pieces when you look at him the wrong way.

5 hours ago, El ramster said:

I think TN needs him. Much like Wentz, Mariota breaks into 100 pieces when you look at him the wrong way.

Salty little Lamb. Maybe if the Rams had Foles instead Goff Sunday, they too would have a SB ring/Parade going on?

Good move on his part. The money on the market will be better, and he gets to dictate where he goes - and whoever signs him will have a pick they didn't have to trade to get him.

This all being said, I hope the Jaguars pay him upwards of $100mm. Their cap seems to be an issue, and booking a QB for high dollar means they'll have to dismantle that defense...

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Good move on his part. The money on the market will be better, and he gets to dictate where he goes - and whoever signs him will have a pick they didn't have to trade to get him.

That assume the Eagles don't franchise him.

56 minutes ago, Woz said:

That assume the Eagles don't franchise him.

I'm thinking they won't - we really don't see these "tag and trade" moves (wasn't Matt Cassell the last one, or am I missing someone?)

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm thinking they won't - we really don't see these "tag and trade" moves (wasn't Matt Cassell the last one, or am I missing someone?)

Nominally speaking, Washington tried, but Cousins had them over the barrel.

In this case, I think the Eagles give it a shot.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Nominally speaking, Washington tried, but Cousins had them over the barrel.

In this case, I think the Eagles give it a shot.

yeah they will explore it I'm sure.

Worth it to get compensation this year and keep him out of the division.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Smart. Now they have to pay him 5 million more or he can dictate where he wants to go.

He also had to give the eagles a 2 million dollar cashiers check to opt out 

Can you imagine walking into a bank "uh yes hi, I'd like a check for two million dollars please"

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

This all being said, I hope the Jaguars pay him upwards of $100mm. Their cap seems to be an issue, and booking a QB for high dollar means they'll have to dismantle that defense...

Realistically...age, and key guys coming off Rookie Contracts is gonna force some dismantling or at least extensive retooling for the Jaguars defense, regardless of whether they spend a boatload on a QB or not.  Ramsey, Ngakoue, Jack all coming up for new contracts at once is basically just that outrageously good 2016 draft 1-2-3 coming due.  Combined with half the defense being built around big ticket free agents in the first place.  And expensive QB doesn't help with that, but it's gonna be an issue either way.

21 hours ago, N4L said:

He also had to give the eagles a 2 million dollar cashiers check to opt out 

Can you imagine walking into a bank "uh yes hi, I'd like a check for two million dollars please"

Nick Foles "No this is not a robbery, I really need two million dollars."

Archived