2019 Mock 1.0 (w/ trade projections and FA signings)

wcf1989

As much as i like Dexter Lawrence and i do alot he won't go top 15 with the problems he had.  If the Falcons want to take him then their best move is a trade down to say 21 to 27 then take him while picking up an asset to do so.   If they stay at 14 then we should take  Clelin Ferrel who is a top 10 value pick and also a need.  Jefferey Simmons who i don't even see in your 1st round who might go top 10 as well but guaranteed top 15.  or possibly Christian Wilkins who is probably rated higher than dexter as well. 

I don't dislike the pick at all as DT is a big need as is a 1T type of DT.  You just gotta take value into it as well and where their expected to go then adjust to that.    Something like  Seahawks 21st + a 2nd or Eagles 25th + a 2nd  to trade down and either of them come up for Ferrell  and us take Lawrence, Simmons, or Wilkins at those picks.

Now as far as FA goes i'll add in Falcons sign Roger Saffold OL in there for you as well as a big move :P

4 hours ago, wcf1989 said:

Ferrell and Oliver seem to be the 2 hardest guys to mock outside the QBs. 

I see Oliver being a huge X-factor, but given that he ceiling compares well to DT Aaron Donald and his floor is back-up pass rusher only... but I think some team is really gonna roll the dice and draft him in the top 10, because his raw potential even if he might have problem developing to his full potential. 

I haven't noticed Ferrell going low at all... I know he doesn't have the flashy outside moves, but he has the power that he can battle and enough athletic skills. I think he's a better Shaq Lawson in a worse draft.... and I think he's gonna be top 10 too.

Ingram really isn’t needed.  Won’t complain too much,  but Dam Williams player extremely well in our system.  Doubt Spencer Ware will have much of a market, would much rather sign him to a cheap deal as a #2 and draft a mid round.

Don’t mind Thompson, alright pick.  That championship game was awful though. 

13 hours ago, wcf1989 said:

I personally believe these QBs are overrated for the most part, its just the league needs to constantly promote new and young QBs. I'm not saying this is the EJ Manuel/Geno Smith class of QBs but the strength of the defensive positions in this draft I think will make teams more content to stay put and see who falls. I do think the Jags stay put because they did have a lot of issues that had nothing to do with Bortles (Fournette injury, o-line injuries, lack of WR depth, etc.) but public pressure I think is what makes them move on from him

no the jags underacheived. part of it was injuries as we had what felt like a new starting Oline group every week which certainly doesnt help as olines need to gel to have any real shot at success but bortles play itself regressed.  if anything the jags wrs play declined but the position itself was stronger this season then last season biggest difference was apparently no Marquise lee this year vs arob last year. 

bortles is a great guy(i went to school with him) but hes not a good starting qb and isnt a natural thrower of the football.  his mechanics went from decent back to craptastic this year as well.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, freak_of_nature said:

I'd be pretty disappointed with Lock or Grier. I'd take Ferrell or trade down 10-12 spots.

unfortunately you are probably gonna be disappointed this year. I wouldn't even be shocked to see them try to leapfrog Denver and trade with Detroit.

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Spend big money on a proven DT in one off-season, watch him play well and open things up for the Lb's just to cut him and replace him with another big singing and a first round pick? Hard pass.

who is getting cut?

On 2/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, samsel23 said:

Ingram really isn’t needed.  Won’t complain too much,  but Dam Williams player extremely well in our system.  Doubt Spencer Ware will have much of a market, would much rather sign him to a cheap deal as a #2 and draft a mid round.

Don’t mind Thompson, alright pick.  That championship game was awful though. 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:00 PM, Beast said:

I see Oliver being a huge X-factor, but given that he ceiling compares well to DT Aaron Donald and his floor is back-up pass rusher only... but I think some team is really gonna roll the dice and draft him in the top 10, because his raw potential even if he might have problem developing to his full potential. 

I haven't noticed Ferrell going low at all... I know he doesn't have the flashy outside moves, but he has the power that he can battle and enough athletic skills. I think he's a better Shaq Lawson in a worse draft.... and I think he's gonna be top 10 too.

I agree they are top 10, until teams start reaching for QB's. 

38 minutes ago, wcf1989 said:

unfortunately you are probably gonna be disappointed this year. I wouldn't even be shocked to see them try to leapfrog Denver and trade with Detroit.

I don't know, the way the rumors are going we probably selling the farm for Lock. Don't know if someone that the Dolphins would like will be available at 9.

As a Denver fan, I would be ok with Lock at 10. Probably not the way I would go, but completely understand. Trading up for him, I would probably need some days to sink in.

I think Miami will try to figure out a starter before the draft, and if that guy don't pay off they will look at Tua or one of the 2020 QBs

39 minutes ago, wcf1989 said:

I agree they are top 10, until teams start reaching for QB's. 

Yeah, I just don't know how many team will reach for QBs yet. Still not sold that Murray will play in the NFL, to me he's only doing that to grab more money and 40 man roster spot so he could hit free agency early than others players do in the MLB.

If that's the case, I only see Haskins and Lock going in the top 10. 

As for Ferrell, I think he would have to test well to not get leapfrogged by Sweat, Polite, Burns and Gary.

Archived