Mayfield Snubbed for Offensive Rookie or the Year

buckeyesNut0623

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Fine trolling, Sir. This is the best overall outcome for the two connected franchises to the two elite players who are friends. New York needed this a lot  more than Cleveland; our fans know what's up with how Baker is wired.

Oh, and Baker wins league MVP in his sophomore season. Book it.

Good luck to Barkley and the Giants in year 2.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

A guard actually got 2 votes...

I was surprised by that as well. No doubt this is better for the chip on Baker's shoulder but I really wanted him to walk away with it and it blows me away because Saquon didn't even win 1 rookie of the week and lastly because it's pretty obvious who means more to there respective teams then the other. Between all the bad calls by the officials and now this, it really does seem like Cleveland vs. the world. 

12 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I was surprised by that as well. No doubt this is better for the chip on Baker's shoulder but I really wanted him to walk away with it and it blows me away because Saquon didn't even win 1 rookie of the week and lastly because it's pretty obvious who means more to there respective teams then the other. Between all the bad calls by the officials and now this, it really does seem like Cleveland vs. the world. 

We beat this topic to death in an NFL general thread, but Barkley deserves the award. 2000 yards, 15 TDs, led league in broken tackles and big plays by a lot. Barkley is the best running back in the league.

Mayfield is what the 15th best quarterback? Maybe? It isn’t the QBROY award, but if it was, Baker would’ve won. I hope that’s some consolation.

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

We beat this topic to death in an NFL general thread, but Barkley deserves the award. 2000 yards, 15 TDs, led league in broken tackles and big plays by a lot. Barkley is the best running back in the league.

Mayfield is what the 15th best quarterback? Maybe? It isn’t the QBROY award, but if it was, Baker would’ve won. I hope that’s some consolation.

What league records did Barkley break again? Baker broke the Rookie TD record in 2.5 less games. Baker was responsible for 7 wins this year from a team that was winless last year, what can Barkley say he did that compares to that? Barkley is a excellent RB but he did something 2 other RB's did, Baker did stuff no one has done in the history of the NFL so imo the voters were just plain wrong 

6 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

What league records did Barkley break again? Baker broke the Rookie TD record in 2.5 less games. Baker was responsible for 7 wins this year from a team that was winless last year, what can Barkley say he did that compares to that? Barkley is a excellent RB but he did something 2 other RB's did, Baker did stuff no one has done in the history of the NFL so imo the voters were just plain wrong 

27 touchdowns in 2018 is not a lot. That’s not an impressive record to break, and I’ll bet it’ll be completely obliterated in upcoming years. Probably by Dwayne Haskins passing to OBJ and Saquon next season.

Archived