Mayfield Snubbed for Offensive Rookie or the Year

buckeyesNut0623

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

27 touchdowns in 2018 is not a lot. That’s not an impressive record to break, and I’ll bet it’ll be completely obliterated in upcoming years. Probably by Dwayne Haskins passing to OBJ and Saquon next season.

Higher rating than Eli's career best, not that Eli was ever much more than above average and most of his career below average but in his whole career he didn't have a regular season as efficient as the rookie.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Higher rating than Eli's career best, not that Eli was ever much more than above average and most of his career below average but in his whole career he didn't have a regular season as efficient as the rookie.

And the rookie only played in 13.5 games with 5.5 of those under dysfunctional and otherwise inept coaching.

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

We beat this topic to death in an NFL general thread, but Barkley deserves the award. 2000 yards, 15 TDs, led league in broken tackles and big plays by a lot. Barkley is the best running back in the league.

Mayfield is what the 15th best quarterback? Maybe? It isn’t the QBROY award, but if it was, Baker would’ve won. I hope that’s some consolation.

He isn’t the best back. Top3 sure, best no. That belongs to Zeke

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I wish we did, lmao. I hope they just pick up Manziel in FA and leave Haskins alone. Wow I never thought I would wish that on anyone. That is what trolls bring out in me

TROLL VS HOMER

its like Godzilla vs. Mothra

27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Why are we even acknowledging a misguidedly pompous troll/homer?

He already stated the voters were idiots so he can't be too pleased with the outcome. Baker played in 85% of the games and got 10% fewer votes than Barkley who played 100% so technically Baker won by 5%

. xD

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He already stated the voters were idiots so he can't be too pleased with the outcome. Baker played in 85% of the games and got 10% fewer votes than Barkley who played 100% so technically Baker won by 5%

. xD

You are discounting the games under Hueball/Haley

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Good. Add more fuel to Baker's fire.

On pure stats alone, I'm fine with Barkley winning it. But if the award was the the MVP of rookies, Baker wins no questions asked.

Yeah, voters use whatever criteria they want so I knew it would be close. I'm also okay with the result, stats are a big part of sports and his were better compared to his peers. Baker was more impressive considering his position but 2K yards was a magic number for a lot of voters I'm sure.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, voters use whatever criteria they want so I knew it would be close. I'm also okay with the result, stats are a big part of sports and his were better compared to his peers. Baker was more impressive considering his position but 2K yards was a magic number for a lot of voters I'm sure.

yeah but 27 TDs should have been a magicly number as well.

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah but 27 TDs should have been a magicly number as well.

27 isn't some magical number that has been uttered throughout the years though. If he would have started the season and had 4K yards and 30 TD I think he wins.He didn't and he didn't. We have a franchise QB, no matter which definition you use, so who cares. We also have Chubb so who even needs a Barkley.

Archived