2. Darnold 

3. Haskins

4. Jones

5. Rosen

6. Murray 

7. Jackson 

8. Allen 

giphy.gif

But seriously, would put Rosen at #3, Jones at #7 between Lamar and Allen. Otherwise, looks about right.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mayfield was not snubbed. Barkley deserved the award just as much. You can flip a coin and determine who you wanted to give it to. I have no problem with Barkley winning it.

Yep. I wouldn't have had an issue either way. TOTALLY depends on what the voters think the award means.

If they thought it was "best player relative to the average of current NFL players" it's Barkley, dude was a top 3-4 RB this year for sure.

If they thought it was "most valuable player" or "player most outperforming rookie norms at their position" it is probably Baker.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Isn't there a bridge you should be jumping off right now?  The Giants are an abortion and I can't wait to wipe our ball sweat with their team the next time we play you.

I feel like I’ve been very civil. I know you’re mad, but this way over the top

8 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I am actively rooting against everything Giants from now on.

Just take comfort in knowing that New York is the literal butthole of America. It's a terrible place and I hope everyone in that city gets herpes.

1. Baker

2. Darnold 

3. Haskins

4. Jones

5. Rosen

6. Murray 

7. Jackson 

8. Allen 

1. Baker
2. Darnold
3. Rosen
4. Allen
5. Haskins
6. Murray
7. Jones
8. Jackson

That's with hindsight. I was a huge Baker supporter before we took him, but I'd have probably placed Darnold ahead of him as prospects if I'm being honest. But I was all in on Baker being a franchise QB too. The more the process went along the more concerned I became with Darnold's turnovers and genuinely uninspiring performances. I couldn't find any flaws with Baker other than he was short and played in a scheme that helped his completion percentage a little bit. That is not nearly enough evidence to suggest that he wasn't going to be elite.

4 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I feel like I’ve been very civil. I know you’re mad, but this way over the top

Seems like a troll job to me. Coming into the Browns forum to gloat about your OROY is pretty pathetic. I'm not mad lol! You can go into the NFL General forum and see that I said I'd probably vote for Saquon. I think you're corny for being so excited about your garbage team that you had to come into our forum and tell us about it.

EDIT: meh, now that I went back and read it, nothing was too crazy. I apologize, but I still want to use the Giants as a towel for body fluids.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Seems like a troll job to me. Coming into the Browns forum to gloat about your OROY is pretty pathetic. I'm not mad lol! You can go into the NFL General forum and see that I said I'd probably vote for Saquon. I think you're corny for being so excited about your garbage team that you had to come into our forum and tell us about it.

Exactly. If it's coming from a Browns fan ok but a Giants fan coming in here and trolling gets me salty 

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

EDIT: meh, now that I went back and read it, nothing was too crazy. I apologize, but I still want to use the Giants as a towel for body fluids.

He started it, he basically called all Giants fans idiots in this thread. You shouldn't do that.

Saquon winning was an inside job by the NFL to generate a better storyline that will ultimately make them more money. In hindsight, Saquon was pre-determined to win these awards from the get.

He's been in Pepsi commercials all season long.

OBJ presented him the award.

Baker being snubbed is going to be a storyline surrounding the Browns for the first several games of next season.

Because, let's be real, there's no way anyone would honestly make an argument for Saquon unless they're Giants fans. It's the only rational explanation. And frankly, I think we could be thanking the NFL for this when it's all said and done.

Cleveland against the world, always.

-Bun Dosey

16 hours ago, Gmen said:

Barkley is the best running back in the league.

Do not agree. At all. From a pure RB perspective, Nick Chubb was graded higher than Saquon, per PFF.

However, Saquon is one of the best WEAPONS in the league. He is not your run of the mill RB. He should improve, but his game is so hit or miss right now. It's always feast or famine with him. Take out the big plays from his numbers and look at those averages. The drop off is far more significant than ANY other RB in the league. His skillset transcends that of the running back position. In some ways, it makes him more valuable than a typical RB. But in NO way does that make him the best RB in the league.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dunno why you’re laughing, do you know how hard it’s is to find a franchise RB?

When one is staring you in the face at 2, you don’t really have much choice.

Yep, Giants are big winners actually, IMHO. Franchise RB to go with Davis Webb, the future of the organization. The Webb truthers will be proven right in good time. Besides, if not Webb, whomever falls to #6 will be better than the rookie record setter at QB, who started 13 games. 

Anyways, Beckham threw some of the best passes in New York last year (outside of Darnold maybe, who the Giants passed on for a RB). He can always play the position if all else fails. 

Also the Browns have surely proven that great RBs cannot be had in the 2nd round. This modern way of playing football is built around three yards and a cloud of dust. Gone are the air raid days. 

#runningbackswinchampionships

#Justasknewengland

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Do not agree. At all. From a pure RB perspective, Nick Chubb was graded higher than Saquon, per PFF.

However, Saquon is one of the best WEAPONS in the league. He is not your run of the mill RB. He should improve, but his game is so hit or miss right now. It's always feast or famine with him. Take out the big plays from his numbers and look at those averages. The drop off is far more significant than ANY other RB in the league. His skillset transcends that of the running back position. In some ways, it makes him more valuable than a typical RB. But in NO way does that make him the best RB in the league.

Even if he was right, which he obviously isn’t, the best back in the league elevated them from the 2nd pick to the 6th pick. 13 starts with Mayfield took us from 0-16 to just outside the playoffs. With a rookie QB. 

Let the Giants fans have their one great player. They have a tough decade ahead. 

Archived