What would you do with Mychal Kendricks?

Phire

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If we trade him we would also would be off the hook for any of his contract next year which would be nice.

I thought about going down that road but I didn't because really there isn't any difference in eating the contract this year or rolling over the $ we have and eating it next year (minus the fact that it would be cheaper to eat).

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I thought about going down that road but I didn't because really there isn't any difference in eating the contract this year or rolling over the $ we have and eating it next year (minus the fact that it would be cheaper to eat).

Yeah, but we would have a 3rd round pick. ;)

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Keep him if he'd be a starter. But if he's a not in the picture to be getting serious reps then you trade him while his value is high.

He will be a starter by definition, but he's not gonna get a lot of playing time like Hicks and Bradham as he is the guy that comes off in nickel which is what we are in the majority of the time.

I don't understand the question.

He isn't going to net that much.  Plus, Howie needs another 4th round pick like he needs another rectum.

He's prohibitively expensive to trade.

He is playing as well as any LB on the roster.

You play him as long as he plays well.  Duh.

And all this stuff about who needs to be re-signed 16 games from now is a waste of breath, too.

Jeffery hasn't stayed healthy for 16 games yet.  What if he goes down week 3 and comes back week 15?  Do they NEED to re-sign him.

People are already acting as if Blount needs to be cut.

Jernigan may demand twice what he's worth. 

Yeah, I know, "what if...?"

What if they did net a 3?

Do they get a Seumalo, Hicks, Logan or even a Foles?
Or do they wind up with a Huff, Marsh, Te'o-Nesheim, Smith, Bradley, Hunt, Gocong or Moats?

That's the last dozen third round picks.

I get it, everyone wants everything.

But, sometimes wanting what you already have IS everything.

whether or not his interceptions were tipped doesn't matter to me. An interception is an interception.  He was in the right position to make the play when the opportunity came. 

I read an article after the game that said the Eagles should keep Kendricks because he is at his best when he's blitzing. The last couple of years (due to a terrible secondary) they had been dropping him in coverage a lot more, exposing him to something he's not as good at, hence the reason he has looked terrible. In his first two seasons, the Eagles blitzed a lot more. He put up terrific numbers and looked like a great linebacker for us. 

With Darby instantly upgrading the secondary, I expect Schwartz will want to blitz more. Keeping Kendricks around for at least one more year makes more sense to me. I don't trust the depth as much as I would like to, and believe they should play those who produce. Kendricks is producing big time right now. I say let the man play and if he produces we win. If he doesn't, we trade him for the best value offered and we still win. 

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The only way you trade him this year is if you get crazy value, a 1st or 2nd, which won't happen or for a player that significantly upgrades the team this year.

Depth at LB is non exsistant 

Think I'm about here at the moment.

16 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I don't understand the question.

We have a guy who has already requested a trade. The team is letting him run wild against backups. He's technically our starter but isn't in the nickel package. He isn't happy about it.

I think his future here is subject to question.

But, that's the NFL now.  Everyone's future is in question.

There shouldn't be any question, however, about the present.

He's playing well.  He's under contract.  He doesn't have mad trade value.

Sure, you'd take a 1 or a 2.   That's not saying much.  You could say that about almost every guy on the team.

Wentz, Cox, Johnson and Barnett don't get traded for a 1.  Jeffery, Ertz, Graham, S. Jones, Darby, Hicks, Seumalo and Hollins might not go for a 2.

That leaves 40 other guys, give or take, who will be on the roster who would.

If the only way you're trading Kendricks is for at least a 2 then you're not trading him.

Guys are unhappy all of the time.  He'll just have to play through it.

He's playing well in preseason, sure. lol

If Howie could move him, he would have. Either there's little to no interest/compensation or the dead money is prohibitive. That's the only reason he's still on the roster. He was signed to a bigerish contract because we thought we'd be running a 4-3 base. The league has quickly turned into a nickel base league and especially in a Schwartz D we need to be able to pass defend first and foremost. Kendricks is just not good at what we most incorporate. Period. 

Archived