What would you do with Mychal Kendricks?

Phire

On 8/26/2017 at 8:42 AM, thebriguy90 said:

With Darby instantly upgrading the secondary, I expect Schwartz will want to blitz more. Keeping Kendricks around for at least one more year makes more sense to me. I don't trust the depth as much as I would like to, and believe they should play those who produce. Kendricks is producing big time right now. I say let the man play and if he produces we win. If he doesn't, we trade him for the best value offered and we still win. 

Schwartz' system doesn't include a heavy Blitz presence, regardless of talent.

The below article kinda proves my point, Buffalo went from the #4 highest blitzing team to the #28 blitzing team after Schwartz took over. They blitzed just over 20% compared to the league average of about 30%. He believes in getting pressure with only the front 4 with an attacking/penetrating D line.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/sig-stats-team-blitzing

Kinda be nice if Schwartz could actually adapt his Coaching style to his players and not be so predictable. Wanting to Rush only 4 (We do have the personnel) while getting pressure is what every DC hopes for. 

However like Tempo on Offense switching things up and blitzing on any given down like the JJ, Rex, and Lebeau's of the NFL keeps not only QB but the OL on their toes and at risk for making a mistake. Let's hope We do have better Corners and can blitz more because that makes the Eagles Defense even that much more dangerous! 

Having Kendricks or Not! Blitz!

Archived