Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes wins NFL MVP award

SteelKing728

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

How the flip did Mahomes not go #1 overall? I'll be honest, I didn't know much about him prior to this year, but seeing him play the way he does I'm amazed he wasn't more hyped coming out of college. This guy will probably win multiples MVPs on his way to the HOF, he's incredible.

Some thought he was raw. Combine that with coming out of Texas Tech, an air raid school that constantly has QBs putting up big numbers and not doing anything in the NFL, and his final season the team went 5-7 and, well, there you have it. He still went #10 overall.

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

How the flip did Mahomes not go #1 overall? I'll be honest, I didn't know much about him prior to this year, but seeing him play the way he does I'm amazed he wasn't more hyped coming out of college. This guy will probably win multiples MVPs on his way to the HOF, he's incredible.

The combination of Texas Tech, the air raid system, and his tendency to improvise terrified people. He was about as unsafe as you get from a draft profile perspective.

23 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The combination of Texas Tech, the air raid system, and his tendency to improvise terrified people. He was about as unsafe as you get from a draft profile perspective.

I wrote him off entirely because he was an air raid qb lol. Kinda a relief to see I wasn’t the only one that did as well. I thought he was way overdrafted at 10 but I was completely wrong. 

16 hours ago, Tyty said:

I wrote him off entirely because he was an air raid qb lol. Kinda a relief to see I wasn’t the only one that did as well. I thought he was way overdrafted at 10 but I was completely wrong. 

I wanted Watson, personally. I was fine with Mahomes, but I was set on getting Watson if he fell to us. Mahomes was my #2 (did not like Trubisky.) Didn't know we'd trade up, obviously, so I was doubtful we'd get a QB at all.

51 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I wanted Watson, personally. I was fine with Mahomes, but I was set on getting Watson if he fell to us. Mahomes was my #2 (did not like Trubisky.) Didn't know we'd trade up, obviously, so I was doubtful we'd get a QB at all.

Tbh I didn’t even look at Trubisky too hard cause we had the 3rd pick and I thought we were either going Watson or defense 

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I honestly thought Watson was going to bust after reviewing all of the QB's and seeing how bad his throwing velocity was. He throws one of the slowest balls in the league. I had my eye on Mahomes for months I just figured the Chiefs never draft who I want and there was no way we were gonna move up as far as we needed to to get Mahomes. Once I saw us trade with the Bills and move up and draft him, it was one of the happiest days of my life. Kansas City finally has a QB we can call our own. 

Archived