Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteelKing728

Bears HC Matt Nagy wins COTY

Recommended Posts

First year coach wins COTY which is highly impressive. How can Nagy improve on such a fantastic season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

How can Nagy improve on such a fantastic season?

By stop getting too fancy at the wrong times and adjust his play-calling that is better suited for the backfield without it being so obvious. 

Well deserved. For once since Lovie I'm actually confident with the HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God i hope the bears regress next season. They're like a bootleg cheaper version of the Rams. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El ramster said:

God i hope the bears regress next season. They're like a bootleg cheaper version of the Rams. 

 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrry32 said:

Why?

How you say broke in spanish? Me no hablo.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

God i hope the bears regress next season. They're like a bootleg cheaper version of the Rams. 

 

Quit making such amazing posts haha

I think they take it all next season tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Bill Bellichick, the best coach in the league, didn’t get a single COTY vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is funny because the Bears world is cheering for the Rams, because the similarities are now getting to a creepy level. The Bears 100% copied the Rams blue print.

Nagy’s biggest impact was changing the culture of the team.

The Bears had been a joke for 5 years. Trestman was a clown, John Fox phoned it in and the Bears went 27-53, only the Browns were worse over that period.

Nagy changed that. He changed how the organization thought, acted, and won. Similar to McVay he took a ship that was lifelessly drifting out to sea and turned it around in 1 season.

Edited by WindyCity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

First year coach wins COTY which is highly impressive. How can Nagy improve on such a fantastic season?

By making an offense rather than just going 3 and out and letting the defense do it’s stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't dseseve this, many people had Bears making playoffs when they got Mack. Reich and Carroll deserve HC. Colts looking like bottom 5 team before season started and Seahawks were supposed to be in rebuild, almost guaranteed to finish last in division. Both coaches did much better jobs than Nagy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ketchup said:

And Bill Bellichick, the best coach in the league, didn’t get a single COTY vote. 

Of course a Packers fan would point this out. We all know BB is the best coach in the league. We also know that this award is not going to ever go to BB ever unless something crazy happens. Give it up man and give credit where it's due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2019 at 7:50 PM, SteelKing728 said:

First year coach wins COTY which is highly impressive. How can Nagy improve on such a fantastic season?

How can Nagy improve on such a fantastic season for next year?  Why...by making sure not to lose Vic Fangio as the biggest key to his...oh wait...errrrrrrm...nevermind, he probably can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Of course a Packers fan would point this out. We all know BB is the best coach in the league. We also know that this award is not going to ever go to BB ever unless something crazy happens. Give it up man and give credit where it's due.

I’m not taking credit away from Nagy. Stop assuming that was my point because I’m a Packer fan. It’s ignorant. Nagy did a fantastic job and deserves to be recognized for it. There is no argument against the job he did in just one year. It was a very impressive year for Nagy. 

My point, which I’ve made in past years here, was that the award is stupid because all it really does is award the best new coach or the coach with the best turnaround. It completely ignores the coaches that keep their teams competitive every year and that’s MUCH more impressive of a task. It’s not Coach of the Year because the best, most consistent coaches, are always overlooked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 8:28 AM, WindyCity said:

It is funny because the Bears world is cheering for the Rams, because the similarities are now getting to a creepy level. The Bears 100% copied the Rams blue print.

Nagy’s biggest impact was changing the culture of the team.

The Bears had been a joke for 5 years. Trestman was a clown, John Fox phoned it in and the Bears went 27-53, only the Browns were worse over that period.

Nagy changed that. He changed how the organization thought, acted, and won. Similar to McVay he took a ship that was lifelessly drifting out to sea and turned it around in 1 season.

I would argue that the Bears are more following the Chiefs/Eagles blueprint than the Rams, but they are certainly similar.  

 

This is well deserved by Nagy, but I think a strong case could have been made for Frank Reich considering all the factors at play surrounding his hiring and the start of his season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×