Sign in to follow this  
SteelKing728

Colts LB Darius Leonard wins Defensive Rookie of the Year

Think LVE deserved this, but congrats to Leonard. Heck of a season.

30 minutes ago, D82 said:

Think LVE deserved this, but congrats to Leonard. Heck of a season.

Maybe if he started all season but hard not to give it to Leonard IMO. Monster season out of nowhere.

Heck of a season from Leonard. I remember that pick being scrutinized quite a bit after the draft last year. Leonard/LVE/Roquan are the future at ILB 

I had Derwin James winning but Leonard was up their with the best LBs in the game and not just rookies. Best Luck to him

6 hours ago, Classic said:

I had Derwin James winning but Leonard was up their with the best LBs in the game and not just rookies. Best Luck to him

Agreed.    I wouldve given it to James too.    Leonard is a good choice, but I think its easier for a rookie LB to have the type of impact that Leonard did than it is for a rookie DB of any kind to have the type of season and impact James did.   Its harder position to get acclimated to and a more difficult position to play all around.

Not trying to discredit Leonard....he had a hell of a season and was deserving.   I just think James was more deserving.   

40 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

but I think its easier for a rookie LB to have the type of impact that Leonard did

He put together a season that statistically no other LB in history ever has though..

Edit: 1 of 2 LBs ever.

Edited by Jlash