Colts QB Andrew Luck wins CPOY

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814637-andrew-luck-wins-2018-nfl-comeback-player-of-the-year-award-after-injury

Probably the most obvious winner in all of this.

Has Luck solidified his status as a top 10 QB after coming back from a tough injury?

Well let's see here:

Is his name Andrew Luck? Yep.

Did he play football last year? Yes he did.

Then yes virtually everyone will automatically name him a top 10 QB, regardless of what actually happens.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well let's see here:

Is his name Andrew Luck? Yep.

Did he play football last year? Yes he did.

Then yes virtually everyone will automatically name him a top 10 QB, regardless of what actually happens.

Well he was one of the best QBs in the AFC after missing the previous season.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Well he was one of the best QBs in the AFC after missing the previous season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

He played great for a guy who hasn't thrown a football in over a full season, no doubt. But people automatically putting him back on the mantle of top-5 status (when he wasn't even there previously) is just ridiculous. Look at any of these efficiency stats. Luck is basically a glorified Matthew Stafford when Stafford was leading the league in pass attempts every year with Calvin Johnson.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He played great for a guy who hasn't thrown a football in over a full season, no doubt. But people automatically putting him back on the mantle of top-5 status (when he wasn't even there previously) is just ridiculous. Look at any of these efficiency stats. Luck is basically a glorified Matthew Stafford when Stafford was leading the league in pass attempts every year with Calvin Johnson.

I agree the main thing holding him back from entering the top 5 is the turnover problems. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts go after Karem Hunt to help improve that run game and take pressure off Luck.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Except Andrew Luck doesn't have CJ as a safety blanket. When you're the whole offense, and your best weapon is a WR, you're gonna throw a lot.

11 hours ago, Activated10 said:
13 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Was there even anyone else in consideration?

JJ Watt, he was a beast

I'm a big Watt supporter (as you guys can imagine) but Luck runs away with this. Any other year, Watt wins - but Luck was a flame thrower out there this season.

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

I agree the main thing holding him back from entering the top 5 is the turnover problems. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts go after Karem Hunt to help improve that run game and take pressure off Luck.

They definitely need a run game - but even this year it wasn't like they had nobody back there who could run it. They had decent balance and Luck's turnover issues still persisted. It's just who he is.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Except Andrew Luck doesn't have CJ as a safety blanket. When you're the whole offense, and your best weapon is a WR, you're gonna throw a lot.

I'm not saying because he throws a lot he's not that great, it's the fact that he throws a lot AND his efficiency stats aren't good. It's plain bulk stats but that's what catches the eye of the average person. 

Archived