Eagle's OL

JayWood2010

So Eagles OL has looked bad every game this preseason.  I said it last week, but I find it concerning.  Lane Johnson is getting pushed all over the place, Peters is old, Brooks is banged up, and Kelce is Kelce.

What was originally believed to be strong for the Eagles now looks like it could be a weak point.  Is anybody else concerned about this?

OL looks good on some plays and pathetic on others. I'm worried to the extent one should be worried in preseason. The 4-0 Lions looked good the year they went 0-16. 

That's not to say you can't learn things in the preseason. Blocking is blocking. You either win or lose. And our guys have lost some matchups.

Kelce and Brooks were bad last night. That is something to keep an eye on. But I wouldn't be ringing any bells until we look bad when our playcalling is tailored to our strengths.

@Phire I feel like we've been talking about Kelce's regression the last couple years. There are many points in games when he looks like a completely different player than he used to be. 

With his 7.2 million cap hit in 2018 and only losing 1 million in dead money, I think this is his last year with the Eagles.

3 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

@Phire I feel like we've been talking about Kelce's regression the last couple years. There are many points in games when he looks like a completely different player than he used to be. 

With his 7.2 million cap hit in 2018 and only losing 1 million in dead money, I think this is his last year with the Eagles.

It's true. There were many who thought Kelce would have, or should have, been gone already for this year. I don't think that was ever a possibility for 2017 because 1) the organization likes him, 2) he's still easily the best center on the team, 3) give him one last chance to turn things around.

But if he's bad again I think it's time to move on and hope one of the other guys can develop into a decent replacement.

32 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

do you kick peters into left guard for a year and isaac to center? hope vatai is ready to start at one of the tackles?

interesting depth chart note to me is that vatai was listed as second team rt and gordon listed at second team lt. might mean nothing, but might indicate they are trying to swap lane to left and vatai takes right

1 hour ago, agholorsdad said:

do you kick peters into left guard for a year and isaac to center? hope vatai is ready to start at one of the tackles?

interesting depth chart note to me is that vatai was listed as second team rt and gordon listed at second team lt. might mean nothing, but might indicate they are trying to swap lane to left and vatai takes right

I don't think you'd want to pay any guard a little more than 11 million dollars unless we renegotiated Peters' contract for next year. 

I don't think the Eagles would ask him to move to guar and I don't think he'd want to restructure to do that either. 

We're already paying two OL like they are franchise LTs.

Only concern I have really is Health. Peters isn't getting any younger and Brooks seems to come up gimpy on a weekly basis. Yesterday was the first time all 5 played together in a game.  If Healthy I'm not that concerned. Like most experts seem to believe they "should" have the ability to Dominate. However until they prove it on a consistent basis gm in gm out, unfortunately we have to wait to see if that's true.

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Only concern I have really is Health. Peters isn't getting any younger and Brooks seems to come up gimpy on a weekly basis. Yesterday was the first time all 5 played together in a game.  If Healthy I'm not that concerned. Like most experts seem to believe they "should" have the ability to Dominate. However until they prove it on a consistent basis gm in gm out, unfortunately we have to wait to see if that's true.

This is pretty much where i'm at. We're evaluating them on less than two total quarters of work and yesterday's first quarter was the first time they were all together all offseason. Offensive lines need to gel and there just hasn't been the time to do that this offseason. Barring Peters finding that cliff I see no reason why this line isn't as good, if not much better than last year's.

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

I don't think you'd want to pay any guard a little more than 11 million dollars unless we renegotiated Peters' contract for next year. 

I don't think the Eagles would ask him to move to guar and I don't think he'd want to restructure to do that either. 

We're already paying two OL like they are franchise LTs.

We're about to do it with Brooks next season....

Also I personally believe that we make a move to get a highly ranked tackle in the next draft or two.

Archived