3 rounds of pure LOVE....

Suffering_Bills

Sorry, but I'd legitimately throw up on my TV/keyboard/infant son if Polite, in particular, and Burns were available to the Rams and they passed on them, not for a trade-back (which my guy, honestly, tells me the won't do) but for an ILB.  It just doesn't make sense, particularly when the team wouldn't be picking again until the comp portion of the 3rd round.

Granted, I don't believe even the lingering scent of Polite will still be on the draft stage for all the times Rog will have walked it back and forth by the time the Rams pick, but that presence is just a higher priority because with the free agency strategy we've tended to follow since the move, if a worthy ILB can't be found on Day 2 then the team will likely be able to swap Mark Barron out to the waiver wire with a more suitable ILB who was the victim of cap casualty.

Fantastic Raiders draft.  I could easily see the double dip on WR's at the end of the 1st early second.  Your draft for Oakland would be an A+, the O would be instantly transformed and Carr will finally have the help he needs to get back to a Pro Bowl level.  Not to mention we land arguably the best Edge rusher int he class.  

16 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Changed to Wilkins. Let me know what you think.

Nah man put Wilkins back in there for the Falcons.  He's a much better value at 14 for us.  Lawrence should only be our target if we trade down to the mid 20's and pick up another 2nd round pick.  If we stay at 14 then go Wilkins all day of those 2 and don;t even think twice about it.   Also still say we need to take another trench player in the 3rd round over the CB preferably being a talented O-lineman or a trade up for Simmons.

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Sorry, but I'd legitimately throw up on my TV/keyboard/infant son if Polite, in particular, and Burns were available to the Rams and they passed on them, not for a trade-back (which my guy, honestly, tells me the won't do) but for an ILB.  It just doesn't make sense, particularly when the team wouldn't be picking again until the comp portion of the 3rd round.

Granted, I don't believe even the lingering scent of Polite will still be on the draft stage for all the times Rog will have walked it back and forth by the time the Rams pick, but that presence is just a higher priority because with the free agency strategy we've tended to follow since the move, if a worthy ILB can't be found on Day 2 then the team will likely be able to swap Mark Barron out to the waiver wire with a more suitable ILB who was the victim of cap casualty.

Not a fan of the pick?

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Fantastic Raiders draft.  I could easily see the double dip on WR's at the end of the 1st early second.  Your draft for Oakland would be an A+, the O would be instantly transformed and Carr will finally have the help he needs to get back to a Pro Bowl level.  Not to mention we land arguably the best Edge rusher int he class.  

Thank you. I know the Raiders have other needs on defense, of course, but sometimes it's nice to splurge.

19 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nah man put Wilkins back in there for the Falcons.  He's a much better value at 14 for us.  Lawrence should only be our target if we trade down to the mid 20's and pick up another 2nd round pick.  If we stay at 14 then go Wilkins all day of those 2 and don;t even think twice about it.   Also still say we need to take another trench player in the 3rd round over the CB preferably being a talented O-lineman or a trade up for Simmons.

Done.

For the Browns,

(1) Greg Little looks more of a 2nd-3rd rounder.  Cody Ford or Andre Dillard would both be preferred if we go OT.  Otherwise, our favorite corner left from the big 3 or perhaps even Polite, assuming they see him able to play 4-3 DE.  This draft would be a nightmare scenario for the Browns's #17 pick, in addition to the obvious blue chips like Quinnen & Bosa, with Jonah/Sweat/White/Ferrell/Wilkins/Oliver all gone before they pick.

(2) Dre'Mont or Tillery would both be great picks here.  If we can choose between these guys at pick #49, I'd love to have our DT be our 2nd round pick; it's great value.

(3) I see Michael Jackson as being more boom/bust, which makes him too high here.  I see him more for the 5th round onward.  Depending on what positions we go with, some great options for here and pick #95 would be Josh Oliver, Chuma Edoga, Lonnie Johnson, Vosean Joseph, Chase Winovich (if he can play 4-3 DE), Trysten Hill and Preston Williams.

(3b) While I'm not sure if I see Winovich as a 4-3 DE, I like the player.  He would be solid value here among the other names.

If we had those first 16 picks happen, I would want to trade down, preferably far enough to get another 2nd or 3rd and change. 

Also, for fun and because it would be so good for the intrigue of the NFL to put together Juice and ODB together (and it is true that they are both catching passes from Baker), maybe we could trade down with the NY Giants.  I could see the Giants coming up to pair Kyler Murray with Marquise Brown (also replacing Odell as a deep threat WR1) or one of the 3 tier 1'ish tackles (Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, Cody Ford) before they are all gone just a few picks later. 

I could see the compensation being something around #17, #80, #112 for Odell, #37, #125; his diva stuff, recent injury and gigantic contract (assuming the Giants & OBJ rework it to make him tradable) make it reasonable to value him around pick #29. FWIW, I don't think Pittsburgh will get a first for AB. 

I don't know if Giants fans will disagree, but that's about the value I put on him (I'm obviously hoping everything comes together with him in Cleveland).  @Gmen, (big) if indeed behind closed doors the Giants are trying to move Odell because they think he's a bad look for the organization or want to get value from him while investing that money elsewhere, rebuilding, insulating a rookie QB they're drafting etc., what do you think his reasonable market value in trade would be?

@NudeTayne I don’t envision the Giants trading OBJ. The injury history is a concern but he’s still a top 5 receiver in this league. The prospective of an offense with Barkley, OBJ, Engram and Haskins is too exciting to break up. Furthermore, That’s a lowball offer for a 25 year old superstar receiver. Brandon Cooks and Amari Cooper cost first round picks in a trade, and they’re barely top 20 receivers. Starting bid for OBJ would be a first and third round pick. 

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

For the Browns,

(1) Greg Little looks more of a 2nd-3rd rounder.  Cody Ford or Andre Dillard would both be preferred if we go OT.  Otherwise, our favorite corner left from the big 3 or perhaps even Polite, assuming they see him able to play 4-3 DE.  This draft would be a nightmare scenario for the Browns's #17 pick, in addition to the obvious blue chips like Quinnen & Bosa, with Jonah/Sweat/White/Ferrell/Wilkins/Oliver all gone before they pick.

(2) Dre'Mont or Tillery would both be great picks here.  If we can choose between these guys at pick #49, I'd love to have our DT be our 2nd round pick; it's great value.

(3) I see Michael Jackson as being more boom/bust, which makes him too high here.  I see him more for the 5th round onward.  Depending on what positions we go with, some great options for here and pick #95 would be Josh Oliver, Chuma Edoga, Lonnie Johnson, Vosean Joseph, Chase Winovich (if he can play 4-3 DE), Trysten Hill and Preston Williams.

(3b) While I'm not sure if I see Winovich as a 4-3 DE, I like the player.  He would be solid value here among the other names.

If we had those first 16 picks happen, I would want to trade down, preferably far enough to get another 2nd or 3rd and change. 

Also, for fun and because it would be so good for the intrigue of the NFL to put together Juice and ODB together (and it is true that they are both catching passes from Baker), maybe we could trade down with the NY Giants.  I could see the Giants coming up to pair Kyler Murray with Marquise Brown (also replacing Odell as a deep threat WR1) or one of the 3 tier 1'ish tackles (Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, Cody Ford) before they are all gone just a few picks later. 

I could see the compensation being something around #17, #80, #112 for Odell, #37, #125; his diva stuff, recent injury and gigantic contract (assuming the Giants & OBJ rework it to make him tradable) make it reasonable to value him around pick #29. FWIW, I don't think Pittsburgh will get a first for AB. 

I don't know if Giants fans will disagree, but that's about the value I put on him (I'm obviously hoping everything comes together with him in Cleveland).  @Gmen, (big) if indeed behind closed doors the Giants are trying to move Odell because they think he's a bad look for the organization or want to get value from him while investing that money elsewhere, rebuilding, insulating a rookie QB they're drafting etc., what do you think his reasonable market value in trade would be?

Well written. Things'll change.

im assuming its our 1 and 2 for the trade for haskins. i like the move. 

i would spend the 1st 3rd rounder on Mcgovern or Michael Jordan because both plug nicely into our gaping RG spot. 

i would use the 2nd 3rd rounder(which isnt a bad player but i believe a bad fit as hes more of a Zone blocking guy and we are a power scheme.  i would look at WR, TE, OT, RB.  WR cuz outside lee and Dede theres some guys very much needing to step up.  TE because ASJ might be a goner and we need a 2nd te at worse anyways. OT because our Current RT could/should be cut and our replacement is essentially a 1st year 4th round pick. RB because outside fournette all the rest could be lost as free agents. 

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

For the Browns,

Gave you Dillard.

12 hours ago, Gmen said:

@NudeTayne I don’t envision the Giants trading OBJ. The injury history is a concern but he’s still a top 5 receiver in this league. The prospective of an offense with Barkley, OBJ, Engram and Haskins is too exciting to break up. Furthermore, That’s a lowball offer for a 25 year old superstar receiver. Brandon Cooks and Amari Cooper cost first round picks in a trade, and they’re barely top 20 receivers. Starting bid for OBJ would be a first and third round pick. 

I think it's going to take 2 1st round picks to acquire Odell.

6 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Gave you Dillard.

While it's a bit high for Dillard, the OT talent is pretty thin in this draft and he is indeed an LT prospect so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy.

I think you'd find consensus agreement if you switched our first third rounder from Michael Jackson to Josh Oliver. We're likely to use two TE more often and a guy who can be a receiving threat makes sense here. Pitt could always use secondary so you could just switch the picks. Just a thought.

Dillard LT/Dre'MontJones DT/Josh Oliver TE/Winovich DE would be a pretty good start.

Archived