3 rounds of pure LOVE....

Suffering_Bills

19 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

While it's a bit high for Dillard, the OT talent is pretty thin in this draft and he is indeed an LT prospect so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the guy.

I think you'd find consensus agreement if you switched our first third rounder from Michael Jackson to Josh Oliver. We're likely to use two TE more often and a guy who can be a receiving threat makes sense here. Pitt could always use secondary so you could just switch the picks. Just a thought.

Dillard LT/Dre'MontJones DT/Josh Oliver TE/Winovich DE would be a pretty good start.

Good points. Thing IS, though.... -if you draft Michael Jackson, then you've got Michael Jackson on your TEAM. Who else can say that? :D

3 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Good points. Thing IS, though.... -if you draft Michael Jackson, then you've got Michael Jackson on your TEAM. Who else can say that? :D

Some had him going in the first round a few months back before actually watching him play 😀. We could always grab him in the fifth or sixth as a flyer.

10 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Very nice for Philly.  I fear Omenihu shoots up into that late first, early second range though.  I also kinda doubt our front office would draft both a db and rb that early,  but I would personally be very happy adding those three guys.

according to rumors Eagles wanted to draft a RB early last year and they lose Ajayi

10 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Very nice for Philly.  I fear Omenihu shoots up into that late first, early second range though.  I also kinda doubt our front office would draft both a db and rb that early,  but I would personally be very happy adding those three guys.

I don't think adding a corner makes sense for the eagles. How does drafting another young corner fix anything?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't think adding a corner makes sense for the eagles. How does drafting another young corner fix anything?

You don’t think having a first round cb would have helped last year in spite of the injuries and poor cb play?

Darby may walk and having a guy who can stick with a quality wr alleviates the rest of the defense.  

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

according to rumors Eagles wanted to draft a RB early last year and they lose Ajayi

It’s just that they haven’t drafted a db that early since 2002 and an rb that early since Shady, but that could just be coincidence and not draft strategy.

Ten years ago they took Shady with pick 53 in rd two.  This year, they have pick 53 in rd two, maybe it’s time.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, The LBC said:

Sorry, but I'd legitimately throw up on my TV/keyboard/infant son if Polite, in particular, and Burns were available to the Rams and they passed on them, not for a trade-back (which my guy, honestly, tells me the won't do) but for an ILB.  It just doesn't make sense, particularly when the team wouldn't be picking again until the comp portion of the 3rd round.

Granted, I don't believe even the lingering scent of Polite will still be on the draft stage for all the times Rog will have walked it back and forth by the time the Rams pick, but that presence is just a higher priority because with the free agency strategy we've tended to follow since the move, if a worthy ILB can't be found on Day 2 then the team will likely be able to swap Mark Barron out to the waiver wire with a more suitable ILB who was the victim of cap casualty.

Hooked you up.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:42 AM, KellChippy said:

You don’t think having a first round cb would have helped last year in spite of the injuries and poor cb play?

Darby may walk and having a guy who can stick with a quality wr alleviates the rest of the defense.  

I think even if darby walks the eagles some good young corners they like. Let's not act like Maddox, Douglas and Leblanc weren't good at the end of the year. I mean that why we went on that run our corner play stabilizied and our defense ended up being way better. Not really anything Nick did.

Archived