Saquon Barkley wins AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

Danger

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

You know a player is amazing when a rival fan makes a thread for him.

I have a Barkley bobblehead.

A Penn State one, that is.

He's a generational prospect playing my favorite position from my alma mater. So yeah, I'm biased.

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not a knock on Mayfield at all either. He would have won it given any other year. Barkely was simply just that good this year.

I think Mayfield would have won it if he had 4K yards and 30 TD, or in other words played the whole season. Barkley had the magical 2K number so even breaking the TD passing record for rookies, the number 27 doesn't have much of a ring to it and neither does 3700 yards or averaging the most passing yards per game for a rookie . It was a close vote like I thought it would be. Look forward to watching them both in the future.

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

I have a Barkley bobblehead.

A Penn State one, that is.

He's a generational prospect playing my favorite position from my alma mater. So yeah, I'm biased.

Oh I know. I know the pick killed a lot of that area lol 

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Mayfield would have won it if he had 4K yards and 30 TD, or in other words played the whole season. Barkley had the magical 2K number so even breaking the TD passing record for rookies, the number 27 doesn't have much of a ring to it and neither does 3700 yards or averaging the most passing yards per game for a rookie . It was a close vote like I thought it would be. Look forward to watching them both in the future.

Give Mayfield a stern HC/OC to work with to curb his natural mentality and a true #1 receiver who can play in all areas of the field and watch what can happen. That's basically my take on Mayfield and has been since before the draft. All the talent in the world but needs a great leader to guide him mentality and a top WR to take him to the top (like most QB's do). 

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Give Mayfield a stern HC/OC to work with to curb his natural mentality and a true #1 receiver who can play in all areas of the field and watch what can happen. That's basically my take on Mayfield and has been since before the draft. All the talent in the world but needs a great leader to guide him mentality and a top WR to take him to the top (like most QB's do). 

What???? His mentality is elite. He shouldn't change that at all. Also he doesn't need a #1 WR but we'll take one. He had a 106+ rating over the second half of the season at a pace that would equal 4500+ yards and nearly 40 TD over a full season. All he needs to do is show up and keep doing what he did, he doesn't need to change at all.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

What???? His mentality is elite. He shouldn't change that at all. Also he doesn't need a #1 WR but we'll take one. He had a 106+ rating over the second half of the season at a pace that would equal 4500+ yards and nearly 40 TD over a full season. All he needs to do is show up and keep doing what he did, he doesn't need to change at all.

What I meant by mentality was is childish mentality that goes back to his college years.

The #1 WR reference was not a knock on him either (not sure how you took it so defensively) it only meant by how he would GAIN from it to take him to the top.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What I meant by mentality was is childish mentality that goes back to his college years.

The #1 WR reference was not a knock on him either (not sure how you took it so defensively) it only meant by how he would GAIN from it to take him to the top.

How was I defensive? I stated facts. He was a top QB the second half of the season without a #1 WR and I think he can keep it up with or without one. He distributes the football all over the field so a diva WR would potentially have an issue with targets so if we can't get a true #1 with the right mentality I'd rather not have one.

He isn't childish, he is just open. I mean we're guys, we're all somewhat childish. The running from the cops when he did nothing wrong was stupid and hilarious but he has always been seen as a great teammate and leader. Yeah, maybe his opponents don't always like him, especially if they did something to anger him but if you don't wear orange and brown he doesn't care about you. I like it.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

5 straight games against the 5 worst defenses in the NFL.  Let's stop trying to isolate the 2nd half of the season.  

28 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

5 straight games against the 5 worst defenses in the NFL.  Let's stop trying to isolate the 2nd half of the season.  

The salty tears in Cleveland rival the Dead Sea. Thomas simply won’t accept that Barkley had a better season. Yea, hypothetically Mayfield could have had a better season if you took his best stretch and extrapolated over 16 games. We can do that with Barkley too, but he had a tremendous season despite all the obstacles, so we don’t have to. 

Archived