Saquon Barkley wins AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

Danger

40 minutes ago, Techbert said:
3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Gotcha, Luck was a byproduct of Nelson.

I don't like to be misquoted, which some here love to do. So much easier to attack a straw man, I guess.

I said Luck was the biggest reason the Colts had a better record, you said it was all because of Nelson when Nelson wasn't great Luck wasn't good which means Luck is a byproduct of Nelson. Even though Luck had almost the exact same success in 16 besides he was sacked many more times. So even with Pressure, Luck still had relatively the same season statistically and won 8 of 15 games instead of 10 of 16 and won 11 games each of his first three seasons without Nelson. Nelson can be great and do his job but Joe Thomas, a left tackle, couldn't win games for the Browns and Nelson can't for the Colts, they can only make life easier for the people who can win games.

18 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I said Luck was the biggest reason the Colts had a better record, you said it was all because of Nelson when Nelson wasn't great Luck wasn't good which means Luck is a byproduct of Nelson. Even though Luck had almost the exact same success in 16 besides he was sacked many more times. So even with Pressure, Luck still had relatively the same season statistically and won 8 of 15 games instead of 10 of 16 and won 11 games each of his first three seasons without Nelson. Nelson can be great and do his job but Joe Thomas, a left tackle, couldn't win games for the Browns and Nelson can't for the Colts, they can only make life easier for the people who can win games.

Geez. I showed you my quote which directly contradicted what you said.

I have to believe you are just a troll. Go troll someone else.

37 minutes ago, Techbert said:

Geez. I showed you my quote which directly contradicted what you said.

I have to believe you are just a troll. Go troll someone else.

And having Nelson affected Luck. Luck sucked the first six games, when Nelson was learning his position. Luck played lights out while Nelson was playing lights out. So without Nelson playing well, the Colts were 1-5 even with Braden Smith.

With Nelson playing well, Colts went 10-1.

That was your quote.

Mayfield was sacked 22 times his first 7 games. 3 his last 7 games. Pretty much the same offensive line. They deserve credit but I wouldn't give as much credit to 1/5 of an offensive line as I would the scheme/QB.

18 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If we asked the 12 playoff teams whether they would have rented Barkley for the 2018 season or rented Mayfield, all 12 would have chosen Barkley because Mayfield would have been on the bench.

If he was on the Rams bench they might have won a Superbowl

19 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If we asked the 12 playoff teams whether they would have rented Barkley for the 2018 season or rented Mayfield, all 12 would have chosen Barkley because Mayfield would have been on the bench.

You think the Ravens would have went with Lamar over Baker?

If the 12 playoff teams lost their starting QB and RB then 12 out of 12 of them would pick Baker.

40 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

What a silly question....So you are asking a team with an established franchise QB if they would rather rent a rookie stud RB, with little to no wear and tear, or a rookie QB for a season? Uh What? I can guarantee you the Cowboys would prefer a QB who can throw over Dak. The Bears, Texans and Chiefs also have young QBs who I'm sure they would rather roll with seeing as it's their 1st or 2nd season starting and have shown potential; especially seeing as one of them is Mahomes.

You also left out the fact that the Browns were actually in the playoff hunt late in the season; Baker being the main reason as to why.

13 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

So Mayfield played like a decent backup QB. I agree. 

Good way to scream "avoid me if you are looking for a sensible debate over a topic"...thanks for the heads up. 

12 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:
16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You think the Ravens would have went with Lamar over Baker?

If the 12 playoff teams lost their starting QB and RB then 12 out of 12 of them would pick Baker.

So Mayfield played like a decent backup QB. I agree. 

Odds are playoff teams have their QB or they wouldn't be playoff teams. Most every playoff team would take any RB over any QB because their QB is playing the whole game and you can always substitute running backs in and out of games to keep them fresh. Silly little scenario you got going on.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Odds are playoff teams have their QB or they wouldn't be playoff teams. Most every playoff team would take any RB over any QB because their QB is playing the whole game and you can always substitute running backs in and out of games to keep them fresh. Silly little scenario you got going on.

And Barkley would have started at running back for all 12 post season teams, while Mayfield would not have started for any.

3 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

And Barkley would have started at running back for all 12 post season teams, while Mayfield would not have started for any.

That's because you don't need a great RB to be a playoff team, usually you need a great QB though. Nelson probably starts for every team too. AJ Green would start for every team too and Aaron Rodgers wouldn't so AJ > Aaron Rodgers.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's because you don't need a great RB to be a playoff team, usually you need a great QB though. Nelson probably starts for every team too. AJ Green would start for every team too and Aaron Rodgers wouldn't so AJ > Aaron Rodgers.

Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league, Mayfield is around the 20th best QB, Rodgers is a top five QB, and Green isn’t a top five receiver. Yet another brilliant post from Cleveland. 

3 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Saquon Barkley is the best running back in the league, Mayfield is around the 20th best QB, Rodgers is a top five QB, and Green isn’t a top five receiver. Yet another brilliant post from Cleveland. 

Baker has started 13 games not nearly enough to move up the QB ranks but there isn't a QB I'd take over him right now and the only one that I don't have an argument against is Mahomes.

Barkley had the most negative plays in the league, lets not act like he is the greatest in the game already. Kamara had a better rookie campaign the year prior. Barkley is a great homerun threat and a good receiver. Many rookie running backs averaged more yards per carry this year and they didn't have as many long runs to inflate their stats. He can be the best, he needs to play more for first downs and positive yards more often than trying to break the long runs but I get it, he breaks them often enough that the temptation is too much. His coach even said that he needs to take what is there more often instead of so many negative plays trying to break one.

Archived