Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Danger

Saquon Barkley wins AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

Recommended Posts

On 2/4/2019 at 6:38 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Luckily the Giants locked down the always hard to fill position of RB.

Now comes adding the plug and play QB and they’re set.

I’d be pretty stoked to get my choice of Haskins or Lock, even if I had to trade up.  Those guys are studs.

This would hit so much harder if the Giants had a chance to draft Mayfield last year and didn't. Instead they passed on every other rookie QB, who all looked terrible, and drafted the OROY. 

I like Haskins a lot. The rest are eh at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You think the Ravens would have went with Lamar over Baker?

If the 12 playoff teams lost their starting QB and RB then 12 out of 12 of them would pick Baker.

Not the Eagles. Had Saquon been in our Backfield,  it's possibly back 2 back.

We did lose both!

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This would hit so much harder if the Giants had a chance to draft Mayfield last year and didn't. Instead they passed on every other rookie QB, who all looked terrible, and drafted the OROY. 

I like Haskins a lot. The rest are eh at best. 

Very true they didn’t have a crack at Mayfield, but I’d much rather be headed into year two with either Darnold or even Rosen as opposed to any QB in this class, Haskins included (and I’m a Buckeye fan).

The fact that a RB looked good and a QB looked “terrible” as 21 year olds doesn’t really mean much, unless you feel the need for immediate validation of the pick. You’re not drafting a QB for his rookie season.  You expect them to struggle.  Hell, you hope they’re hitting their stride by year 3.

A RB should hit the ground running.

Just my opinion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QBs have a solid chance of playing into their mid to late 30s

Baker  may have another 13-15 years in the NFL

Darnold 15-17 

Barkley will be require fortune to play another 12. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Very true they didn’t have a crack at Mayfield, but I’d much rather be headed into year two with either Darnold or even Rosen as opposed to any QB in this class, Haskins included (and I’m a Buckeye fan).

The fact that a RB looked good and a QB looked “terrible” as 21 year olds doesn’t really mean much, unless you feel the need for immediate validation of the pick. You’re not drafting a QB for his rookie season.  You expect them to struggle.  Hell, you hope they’re hitting their stride by year 3.

A RB should hit the ground running.

Just my opinion...

Your Opinion is pretty spot on. What the past 3 of 4, maybe 4 of 5, rookie classes, we have seen one and maybe two rookie RBs come into the league and absolutely light it up. With two of them in Zeke and Kamara looking like the best or at least top5 for the position group.

you draft a RB in the top10 he better be playing at least like a top10 RB his rookie year. That is the expectation for RBs. You draft a QB in the top10, you expect them to be at least a top15 QB by their 3rd year. 

Hell its like where you draft a RB, is where you suspect them to be. You take a RB top5 he better be a top5 RB that year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing more deserving than the single season TD record for rookie QBs (while not even playing the whole season to boot)? Leading the league in yards from scrimmage behind a porous OL. 

Well-deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not the Eagles. Had Saquon been in our Backfield,  it's possibly back 2 back.

We did lose both!

I don't think there's any "possibly" about it. TBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think there's any "possibly" about it. TBH

Trade Wentz for Barkley then, instant championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Trade Wentz for Barkley then, instant championship.

1. No because that would make the Giants a championship contender immediately.
2. I am saying there isn't any doubt in my mind specifically this year because no team really impressed in the playoffs. Hell the Eagles STILL might have won it had Alshon not bobbled that pass that was subsequently picked off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×