Report: Dolphins plan to part ways with Ryan Tannehill, tank 2019 season for Tua Tagovailoa

DigInBoys

7 minutes ago, UtahUtesFan said:

Who else is a good tank commander QB?  I suppose you could give a guy who's never had a shot a chance. 

Does tank commander mean QB who will simply give you the best shot at a #1 pick? The Peter Man, end of story. If it means being just incompetent enough to get you in that position while being respected by the team and without the horrible optics, McCown or Fitzpatrick would make sense. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

If it means being just incompetent enough to get you in that position while being respected by the team and without the horrible optics, McCown or Fitzpatrick would make sense. 

Yep.

I listed McCown as a reasonable stop gap tank commander QB because he's good enough to go 1-15 to 5-11 and keep the fans at least somewhat interested and engaged while still maintaining a decent pick, but not looking like the 2017 Browns. 

Or for all intensive purposes, the Dolphins bring back Brock Osweiler has he wasn't completely bad last year. 

Just let Fales or Falk start. No need to spend money on an actual not good starting QB. The skill group is good (if they stay) and we hopefully bring in 2 good OL. Could still win 3-4 games with a non-starting QB. The DB unit is good (if they stay). The LB's are meh, but the DL needs the overhaul. If our whole draft went to DL and OL, I wouldn't complain.

7 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Just let Fales or Falk start. No need to spend money on an actual not good starting QB. The skill group is good (if they stay) and we hopefully bring in 2 good OL. Could still win 3-4 games with a non-starting QB. The DB unit is good (if they stay). The LB's are meh, but the DL needs the overhaul. If our whole draft went to DL and OL, I wouldn't complain.

Dolphins should pull a Browns/NBA this season and take on bad contracts in exchange for picks. (e.g. Brock Osweiler trade)

58 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Does tank commander mean QB who will simply give you the best shot at a #1 pick? The Peter Man, end of story. If it means being just incompetent enough to get you in that position while being respected by the team and without the horrible optics, McCown or Fitzpatrick would make sense. 

No Fitzpatrick would mess around have 3 or 4 games where he throws for 4 touchdowns and 350 yards and you accidentally win.

Archived