Highest-potential prospect?

Suffering_Bills

ALWAYS a tough call to make. Well, I've got mine, though. With apologies to Quinnen Williams, I'm going with Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State. Now, his performance at the combine will go a long way far as determining exactly how high he's picked, sure, but I'm talking about how good he can actually become. In this guy, I see somebody who can be almost the new model of a big WR. He will be the biggest true wide receiver in football the moment he takes the field. What can a DB do against a guy that's 6'6", 225 pounds in the red zone? Besides draw a flag? I think he's going to show out at the combine. If he runs a 4.5, does a 40" vertical, and broad-jumps 11 feet.... -it's a wrap. Love to see my Bills take him at #9.

Okay, guys. Let's hear your candidates.

48 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

He will be the biggest true wide receiver in football the moment he takes the field

This is all really dependent on what he actually measures in at the combine isn't it? Mike Evans was 6'5 231 at the combine. 

16 hours ago, Suffering_Bills said:

ALWAYS a tough call to make. Well, I've got mine, though. With apologies to Quinnen Williams, I'm going with Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State. Now, his performance at the combine will go a long way far as determining exactly how high he's picked, sure, but I'm talking about how good he can actually become. In this guy, I see somebody who can be almost the new model of a big WR. He will be the biggest true wide receiver in football the moment he takes the field. What can a DB do against a guy that's 6'6", 225 pounds in the red zone? Besides draw a flag? I think he's going to show out at the combine. If he runs a 4.5, does a 40" vertical, and broad-jumps 11 feet.... -it's a wrap. Love to see my Bills take him at #9.

Okay, guys. Let's hear your candidates.

Obviously Butler shows a much bigger catch radius than Fant and he's a different position technically but I feel Fant could put up those numbers as well.

With his size, natural talent/athleticism, and pedigree (Dad and Uncle), I think that it's DK Metcalf. Bosa and Ed Oliver could also be considered, although it will depend what Oliver's weight is in the minds of some/many.

Archived