Preseason Week 3 Gameday Thread: Packers @ Broncos Saturday 9 PM ET

MacReady

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is the battle I've been fighting here over the likes of Randall/Davis/Janis/Rollins all offseason.

You'd think after Taylor, Driver, Nelson, Adams, Bakhtiari and so many others over the past 10 years people would be more okay with hanging onto some of these players. 

This isn't an issue that's exclusive to the Packers forum though...

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is the battle I've been fighting here over the likes of Randall/Davis/Janis/Rollins all offseason.

You'd think after Taylor, Driver, Nelson, Adams, Bakhtiari and so many others over the past 10 years people would be more okay with hanging onto some of these players. 

It's a mix of a lot. Impatience. Irrationality. Just generally wanting to be really really good immediately and if someone isn't, it somehow seems easy to them to just keep replacing them until the guy you got instead is good.

Could you imagine cutting a LT prospect year two for like...who was guy 53 last year? like Perillo.

Cut Spriggs for Justin perillo. Like they don't want to do that..They just somehow think if you cut guys who haven't met their expectations magically a guy will show up and be great. If the guy that left ends up good, you win twice because you can whine over that too lol

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This isn't an issue that's exclusive to the Packers forum though...

It's not exclusive to sports even.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be aware of it.

People are irrationally entitled everywhere. Especially online. It's like the internet's hobby.

The point isn't to shame packers fans. The point is to make light of how short sighted it is to want all these guys cut so early with so much evidence that you should probably be more patient.

On 8/27/2017 at 0:47 PM, Cakeshoppe said:

Re-watching now, Randall had himself a pretty decent game to my eye.

"CBs coach Joe Whitt Jr. said he thought Damarious Randall had his best game as a Packer against Denver. Wishes it was a regular season game." 

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"CBs coach Joe Whitt Jr. said he thought Damarious Randall had his best game as a Packer against Denver. Wishes it was a regular season game." 

I thought we cut that guy.

I think our corner might really worth out.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah I know, but good point.  Makes me wonder if the pessimism in the Packers forum is similar in other forums. 

It's the shiny new toy syndrome...and yes, pessimism occurs in other forums as well.

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Could you imagine cutting a LT prospect year two for like...who was guy 53 last year? like Perillo.

I think the bigger problem would be them releasing a player prematurely, only to see them turn out to be a decent player.  That's why Spriggs can look as bad as he does, and he's still probably not in jeopardy of being released.  You don't release players on rookie contracts until their on the outside looking in when you're talking about numbers.  There's no way you can argue that there are three OL that are clearly better than Spriggs aside from the starting OL.

Archived