Jump to content
x0x

Has Julian Edelman punched his ticket?

Can Edelman now make Hall of Fame?  

158 members have voted

  1. 1. For playoff performance

    • Yes
      28
    • No
      131


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, braylon said:

I honestly don't get the point your trying to make lol. Help me understand?

My point is putting up big playoff numbers on New England is meaningless. They're in the playoffs all the time and they succeed on some level in said playoffs most of the time, with a system and QB whose coattails any WR who makes it to the NFL can ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, ninjapirate said:

I'm not sure edelman is even hall of very good worthy.

He's not. He's Hall of Journeyman Product Of a System worthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, this thread's still goin' on, huh?

Thought it would be locked by now simply because the mere thought of Edelman being HOF worthy is a complete joke to anyone who isnt completely clueless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh, this thread's still goin' on, huh?

Thought it would be locked by now simply because the mere thought of Edelman being HOF worthy is a complete joke to anyone who isnt completely clueless.

At this rate Edelman’s HOF eligibility will be up before this thread ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh, this thread's still goin' on, huh?

Thought it would be locked by now simply because the mere thought of Edelman being HOF worthy is a complete joke to anyone who isnt completely clueless.

Yeah. A receiver undeserving of the hall of fame has never been inducted based off one super bowl performance. 

 

Oh wait...

 

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/lynn-swann/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn Swann is the correct case to compare to Edelman, but he also has 3 All Pro's and is on the All Decade Team for the 70's. 

Edelman lacks way too much for post season to put him over the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Yeah. A receiver undeserving of the hall of fame has never been inducted based off one super bowl performance. 

 

Oh wait...

 

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/lynn-swann/

Good point.

Oh wait....

On 2/6/2019 at 1:04 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

The backlog list of great players, especially WRs wasnt nearly as long back when Lynn Swann got in.   Swann would have never gotten in today.

SBs could give him a bump if he were close otherwise.   He isnt.

Hines Ward has 2 SBs, a SB MVP, and had a much better INDIVIDUAL career than Edelman despite playing with lesser QBs in running offenses most of his career, and he doesnt have a chance of getting in....and neither does Edelman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lancerman said:

Lynn Swann is the correct case to compare to Edelman, but he also has 3 All Pro's and is on the All Decade Team for the 70's. 

Edelman lacks way too much for post season to put him over the edge.

Swann also made visually spectacular plays. He could leap to the moon. His talent jumped off the screen. Edelman looks like every other run-of-the-mill modern #3/#4 receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Edelman looks like every other run-of-the-mill modern #3/#4 receiver. 

Are you serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Swann also made visually spectacular plays. He could leap to the moon. His talent jumped off the screen. Edelman looks like every other run-of-the-mill modern #3/#4 receiver. 

I don’t think either should be in the hall of fame. But the last sentence there is very wrong:

 

edelman2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Are you serious?

Of course I am. You think Edelman jumps out at you? There are about 50 Julian Edelmans in the league right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

I don’t think either should be in the hall of fame. But the last sentence there is very wrong:

 

edelman2.gif

I'm confused. You think that's a visually impressive play? 

Here are two plays from Danny Amendola that blow anything Edelman ever did out of the water:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKx-PpskF0

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLExpert49 said:

I'm confused. You think that's a visually impressive play? 

Here are two plays from Danny Amendola that blow anything Edelman ever did out of the water:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKx-PpskF0

 

 

 

 

That catch is pretty much universally considered one of the top catches in Super Bowl history. 

 

https://seatgeek.com/tba/sports/most-amazing-catches-in-super-bowl-history/

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/05/best-super-bowl-catches-all-time

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/ranking-best-super-bowl-catches-nfl-51-julian-edelman-julio-jones-david-tyree-holmes-patriots-falcons

 

i am not saying one catch makes a hall of famer, but your credibility is taking a big hit by downplaying that catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

 

 

That catch is pretty much universally considered one of the top catches in Super Bowl history. 

 

https://seatgeek.com/tba/sports/most-amazing-catches-in-super-bowl-history/

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/05/best-super-bowl-catches-all-time

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/ranking-best-super-bowl-catches-nfl-51-julian-edelman-julio-jones-david-tyree-holmes-patriots-falcons

 

i am not saying one catch makes a hall of famer, but your credibility is taking a big hit by downplaying that catch. 

It was a weird fluke deflection reception, not a sign of real talent. Lynn Swann getting 1987 Michael Jordan hang time catching passes over the middle is a sign of real talent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"NFL Expert"  

Of course it was a visually impressive play. Look at it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×