Has Julian Edelman punched his ticket?

x0x

Can Edelman now make Hall of Fame?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. For playoff performance

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is he a playoff hall of famer? Sure I have no problem with giving him a title like that. Is he an NFL hall of famer that should be enshrined in Canton? No, not in my opinion. 

I think that is what OP meant. Should he be in Canton, and it's laughable that someone would even think that to me. 

And bringing up Swan's numbers is kind of weird to me. The bar for wide receivers has significantly been raised since that time. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Julian Edelman is currently:

248th all time in career receiving yards

148th all time in career receptions

not even in the top 250 all time in career receiving TD's

And yet people wanna say this dude is a Hall of Famer?!? 

Ringa doing doing x3 is the arguement.

If the superbowl matters, edlemen has a presentable hof resume. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ringa doing doing x3 is the arguement.

If the superbowl matters, edlemen has a presentable hof resume. 

Not really. Patriots have been to freaking 9 Superbowls and are in the playoffs literally every single year, of course Edelman's playoff stats are going to be inflated. You simply cannot ignore his regular season career stats and act like his bulk playoff stats mean a damn thing.

Otherwise we might as well say Joe Flacco is a Hall of Famer. Look at this playoff stats!

9 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Yes

Would he have been without Brady? No. But it doesn’t matter 

Wes Welker has a much better chance than Edelman. He has about twice the productivity. Edelman's is straight anemic compared to the WRs that will be in the HoF discussion from his era. He has less than half as many yards as Antonio Brown, who came in to the league a year later. I can't imagine anyone checking both of their names on the same ballot.

He's also way less productive than the (HOF) tight end on the same team.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not really. Patriots have been to freaking 9 Superbowls and are in the playoffs literally every single year, of course Edelman's playoff stats are going to be inflated. You simply cannot ignore his regular season career stats and act like his bulk playoff stats mean a damn thing.

Otherwise we might as well say Joe Flacco is a Hall of Famer. Look at this playoff stats!

He's not arguing against your point dude. 

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Wes Welker has a much better chance than Edelman. He has about twice the productivity. Edelman's is straight anemic compared to the WRs that will be in the HoF discussion from his era. He has less than half as many yards as Antonio Brown, who came in to the league a year later. I can't imagine anyone checking both of their names on the same ballot.

Welker blew sb42

Edelman won 51 and 53

I think the question is more worthwhile than folks give it credit for. TD made the HoF for his postseason play.

But Edelman's regular season numbers are just too pedestrian. He'd need to play until he's 40 and get 10,000 yards and far more than 30 TDs.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think the question is more worthwhile than folks give it credit for. TD made the HoF for his postseason play.

But Edelman's regular season numbers are just too pedestrian. He'd need to play until he's 40 and get 10,000 yards and far more than 30 TDs.

If the TD you are referring to is Terrell Davis, he was a 3 time 1st team All Pro, 2x offensive player of the year, NFL regular season MVP.  His career was shortened by the injury.  I think he top tier play for the short career he had was a reason he made it in, not his post-season play 

Archived