Has Julian Edelman punched his ticket?

x0x

Can Edelman now make Hall of Fame?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. For playoff performance

• Yes
    • No

I do see some precedent to this - Lynn Swann was a ghost in the regular season, but saved his best performances for the playoffs and Super Bowls, so you can make a case.

But, Swann is probably the most polarizing member of the HoF, as there are many people who don't think he deserved to be in to begin with.

So, I'll say no.

Absolutely not. If you put Edelman in for his postseason stats, then basically half the reason you're putting him in is because he is a Patriot. If Edelman played just as well in the playoffs, but was on a frequent one and done team, this wouldn't even be a thread. He's played well in the postseason, and props to him for that, but being on the team he is on affords him a rare opportunity to accumulate post season stats.

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not really. Patriots have been to freaking 9 Superbowls and are in the playoffs literally every single year, of course Edelman's playoff stats are going to be inflated. You simply cannot ignore his regular season career stats and act like his bulk playoff stats mean a damn thing.

Otherwise we might as well say Joe Flacco is a Hall of Famer. Look at this playoff stats!

He has played ok in the regular season, and great in the post season. with some huge plays. sure he had more chances, he still did it though. 

Im not going into bat for him hard, I am just saying there is a strong argument for him. 

he has the look, personality, rings, off season success, and big plays for the HOF, not the regular season stats., I 100% agree. I just think there is more to the equation. 

Is there an official criteria for the HOF? 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I do see some precedent to this - Lynn Swann was a ghost in the regular season, but saved his best performances for the playoffs and Super Bowls, so you can make a case.

But, Swann is probably the most polarizing member of the HoF, as there are many people who don't think he deserved to be in to begin with.

So, I'll say no.

Swann was 

3x top 10 in receiving yards in a season

2x top 10 in receptions

3x top 10 in TD's (1 first and 1 second in the league)

The game in the 1970's is vastly different in terms of bulk numbers.    Not saying that Swann should be in, but he was a top 10ish WR in his era

6 minutes ago, Wolverine_Joe said:

purely a product of pats system.  and he worked so hard to earn brady's trust.  

but what if he pads his stat for another 4-5 years that gives a decent bulk stats and continues to play well in the playoffs?

Statistically, he'd still be under a guy like Boldin with just more opportunity in the playoffs. He'd also still be under a guy like Hines Ward. 

Archived