Has Julian Edelman punched his ticket?

x0x

Can Edelman now make Hall of Fame?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. For playoff performance

• Yes
    • No

That’s a tricky question. He has a very uninspiring regular season career stat line but a good post season stat line. Is that good enough? Is that all you need? Is that gonna put him in the hall? I’d say no. 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Every single point in that post are either takes or have been threads started by Patriots fans.

*Checks*

Yep, this is actually in a thread about Julian Edelman, Hall of Famer.

Who started the Edelman HOF talk? The media

Who acts like Brady is the only player on the field nearly every game like they do with EVERY QB? The media 

Brady and Belichick make the Hall with their eyes closed. Vinatieri will get in. Gronk will get in. After that Ty Law was the only player Witt a realistic shot to get in and being on a dynasty helped boost his case. Everyone else is a long shot as far as mainstays (aka not Moss or Revis)

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Cmon guys... if you double Julian Edelman's career stats, you have SB MVP Hines Ward. Do you think Hines is a HOFer? If you even have to question it, then you have your answer for Julian Edelman.

Hines Ward will get in eventually yes. He's been semifinalist first 2 years of eligibility so going forward I think he has a solid chance probably on 8th-12th ballot though. Edelman right now if he retired would probably not get in but might make a semifinalist list, however he's not retiring as of yet and at 32 with Brady I think he has 2 more seasons to try and add a 4th ring. It'll pad his stats too and don't forget for what it's worth he has 4 punt return TDs. But the main thing is his receptions in the playoffs behind only Jerry Rice. He's at 115 to Rice's 151 right now. Say he finishes with 142 playoff receptions, 4 rings and adds 3000 yards in the regular season and retires with 750 catches. He might get in on the 10-12th ballot.

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

So long as he waits as-long or longer than Isaac Bruce has had to thus far.  The argument for Edelman over Welker is clear-cut as it gets (he's running all the routes Welker did, but 10 yards deeper), but I don't feel like Welker ever had a strong case for the HOF.

Welker was an absolute Hall of Fame candidate. He lead the league 3 times in receptions and was 2nd in two additional seasons. Career 903 and just under 10k yards in only 102 starts.

2-time First Team All-Pro

2-time Second Team All-Pro

If he even has 1 ring he's getting consideration (namely 19-0 Pats) but 2 rings and he's almost guaranteed in at some point.

Is this serious? No chance in hell. Shouldnt even be in consideration. Look at his career numbers...  his post season numbers are influenced by Pats always being in the playoffs.  Has he ever been a top 15 WR in the league? No. 

Hall of clutch maybe. I wouldnt even put him in the hall of very good. 

I almost always have the same answer in these "Is ________ a Hall Of Fame Player" threads, which I usually state "no, but they certainly have a case for Hall Of Very Good". This one however, I wouldn't even classify Edelman as that. I can't think of any reasonable argument to put Edelman in there. This is really simplifying things, but he is 32 years old, has broke 1,000+ receiving yards twice in his career, and has never had more than 7 touchdowns in a season. Outside of some nice playoff numbers, nothing stands out about him. This is truly NFL Gen at its finest lol. 

Archived