Has Julian Edelman punched his ticket?

x0x

Can Edelman now make Hall of Fame?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. For playoff performance

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Just curious if you remember that Wes Welker left New England or not?

Yeah, and look at what happened. And that was with a QB who could make absolutely any receiver productive. 

Welker was in Miami before New England and did not even outproduce Marty Booker or Chris Chambers. That's what happens when you're not in a system that throws you 30 bubble screens per year and has you running option routes from the slot out of the spread on every passing down. 

1 hour ago, evilflamingo said:

Rams defenders agree. So much so that they didn't even bother covering him for the first half. Then they started doubling him and look what happens, Patriots score 10 points in the fourth quarter which was obviously a direct result of Brady no longer wasting targets at Edelscrub. And how about his almost-drop with 2 minutes to go against the Falcons in SB51 that almost cost them the game. Scrubbiest SB MVP and 3 time SB champ ever.  

9_9 Sorry, but as silly as it is trying to put Edelman in the HOF, your take is even worse.

How about the INT against the Chiefs that clanged off his brick converted QB hands and nearly cost them the AFC Championship game? 

The guy has bad hands, period. If you actually watched him play you would know this. 

Yeah, the Rams didn't cover him and he didn't make a difference in the score in the first half. Like, what point are you trying to make? That's just evidence that Wade Phillips didn't respect him and not respecting him was effective in shutting down the Patriots' offense. 

"Double him." Never. F'ing. Happened. "Double coverage" is the most laughably overrated and misunderstood concept in football. 

It's just ridiculous that we actually have posters on here who claim to be football fans who haven't figured out what the Patriots do with slot receivers yet. Yeah, it's just a coincidence that an 8th round pick who had been on the same team as a backup for 8 seasons, an undrafted free agent who couldn't outproduce Chris Chambers and Marty Booker the year before, and a 7th round converted quarterback, have all caught 100+ passes in a season with the Patriots, with hilariously low yards/catch averages. 

The most hilarious part of all is that I shouted at everyone I knew that Edelman would be catching 100+ passes per season after Welker departs, and people brushed it off. Then it happened and now it's just that Edelman is ALSO a HOF-caliber late round pick scrub.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Edelman punching his ticket to the HOF.

Edelman not even being a receiver and having some of the worst hands of all time.

Not sure which is funnier. On topic, no, Edelman isn’t a HOFer and isn’t even close to being considered. He’s been a great Patriot and obviously one of the integral pieces to the last few SB runs. He’ll be in the Patriots HOF. But he’s not an all-time great - hell, I’m not sure he’s ever even been a top 15 receiver.

The first, because what I said is true. 

Apparently people here aren't even aware of the fact that Edelman is a converted option QB. And it shows. If you actually watched him play on a regular basis, you would see how utterly horrid his hands are. He is not a natural catcher. 

10 hours ago, theJ said:

Didn't Edelman play a few games as a slot corner too?

Also, there's no way Troy would get in before Edelman.  Edelman already has his career numbers beat, and the hall isn't going to take ST play into big consideration.

He doesn't, actually.

Brown retired with almost 6400 receiving yards, Edelman is at around 5300.

Edelman may very well pass him, but also keep in mind that Edelman plays in a MUCH MUCH more pass friendly era, Troy Brown's numbers are much better if you are going to take into account era.

Troy Brown also made a pro-bowl, something Edelman hasn't done. (In an era where way too many players are called pro-bowlers)

On 2/5/2019 at 12:13 PM, x0x said:

Have you seen some of the names in the Hall? The senior committee in particular has put some questionable guys in recently like Floyd Little and Fred Dean. I'm not even bringing up Lynn Swann or Troy Aikman.

Fred Dean was a 2 time first team All Pro, and 4 time Pro Bowl selection. He also had a year in which he had 17.5 sacks. He was a vital force on the defensive line, and his importance was immediately felt for the Chargers when he was traded, and their defense started to crumble in 1981. Edelman has never had that kind of impact as a WR among his peers. 

Floyd Little I haven't seen play, but again first team All Pro, and 5 time Pro Bowl selection. 

Both of these guys were at least thought of among scribes as among the best in the NFL in comparison to their peers when they played. Edleman never has been. 

This is a real thread?   I mean, its not meant as a joke, or something?  No?  Okay, just checking.

To those arguing he should make it, I'd like to recommend a movie to you....

...although, it may be too complex for the types of people who believe Edelman is anywhere close to a HOF caliber player.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Somewhere out there, Deion Branch is saying.....  tenor.gif?itemid=5465317

Lol. I don't why but when I read Deion Branch I thought of Antwan Randle El (sp?) and LAvernues Coles(Sp?) right way. HAHA

Everyone complains about the backlog (myself included). Just imagine if players like these guys got in the HoF.

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lol. I don't why but when I read Deion Branch I thought of Antwan Randle El (sp?) and LAvernues Coles(Sp?) right way. HAHA

Everyone complains about the backlog (myself included). Just imagine if players like these guys got in the HoF.

Hey, why not?   Apparently, any WR that was ever somewhat decent has a chance.

No, but there's a chance he may get in on the committee vote if he can somehow break jerry rice's playoff record and the pats keep winning bowls.

Lets say he somehow ends with 10k receiving yards, all time playoff receiver and 4 rings, there's a chance he can get in... I don't think he should, but it's possible.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No, but there's a chance he may get in on the committee vote if he can somehow break jerry rice's playoff record and the pats keep winning bowls.

Lets say he somehow ends with 10k receiving yards, all time playoff receiver and 4 rings, there's a chance he can get in... I don't think he should, but it's possible.

He would be luck to get 8k yards. Especially when Brady retires. And he'll be 33 next year. 

Archived