x0x

Can Edelman now make Hall of Fame?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. For playoff performance

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, x0x said:

With another ring you bet he is.

I'm going to be seriously entertained if Edelman gets 1 more ring and has both playoff receptions and Super Bowl receptions. In 5 appearances. 

Eli Manning isn't even going to get into the HOF. Flacco has no prayer. 

4 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Eli Manning isn't even going to get into the HOF. Flacco has no prayer. 

Eli Manning is absolutely a lock. Not necessarily 1st ballot but likely within the first 7 at worst.

17 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You have extremely low standards if you think that's all it would take for Flacco to be a HoFer.

It's called precedent. Look up Troy Aikman and Kurt Warner. Now personally I take both ahead of Eli HOWEVER Eli is the only QB to win 4 playoff games in two different stretches so he was arguably with much worse offenses and still won not just 2 rings but was the game's MVP. He is absolutely in.

Flacco meanwhile with 1 ring falls into too broad a group but his Super Bowl run was an all-time one, he does have the most playoff wins on the road I believe still (or tied with Brady in a lot less games) and is a career 58.9% win, 212-136 TD-INT Ratio, 61.7% in regular season which would make him on the lower end. 1 ring isn't enough but 2 likely would be as only Jim Plunkett is not in with far inferior stats.

15 minutes ago, x0x said:

Eli Manning is absolutely a lock. Not necessarily 1st ballot but likely within the first 7 at worst.

It's called precedent. Look up Troy Aikman and Kurt Warner. Now personally I take both ahead of Eli HOWEVER Eli is the only QB to win 4 playoff games in two different stretches so he was arguably with much worse offenses and still won not just 2 rings but was the game's MVP. He is absolutely in.

Flacco meanwhile with 1 ring falls into too broad a group but his Super Bowl run was an all-time one, he does have the most playoff wins on the road I believe still (or tied with Brady in a lot less games) and is a career 58.9% win, 212-136 TD-INT Ratio, 61.7% in regular season which would make him on the lower end. 1 ring isn't enough but 2 likely would be as only Jim Plunkett is not in with far inferior stats.

No, the odds are against him ever getting in. His only hope is he gets the Ken Stabler treatment and gets in as a seniors candidate. To pick Eli Manning as one of just 5 players to get inducted in a year...that is never, EVER going to freak'n happen. You just don't understand how the HOF works. 

Troy Aikman and Kurt Warner were considered elite. Warner won 2 MVPs, Aikman was considered one of the most talented, accurate passers to ever play. Eli Manning and especially Flacco were never considered elite, and they sure as hell were never considered historically talented, accurate passers. 

Do you see Jim Plunkett in the HOF? Because that's, at best, the class Flacco is in. 

Oh, and you don't seem to grasp that Plunkett played in a completely different era. His numbers for his time were on par with Manning/Flacco's today. 

2 hours ago, x0x said:

It's called precedent. Look up Troy Aikman and Kurt Warner.

Both Troy and Kurt were widely considered the best in class amongst their peers at some point during their careers. Flacco has not.

Even at his highest point, Flacco has not ever been considered a top-5 in any single season. Or even top-10 for that matter.

Troy and Warner had good memorable story lines attached to them.  Flacco does not. Troy is known for th early '90s run with the Cowboys and Warner is known for going  from bagging groceries to a 2x MVP and Super Bowl winning QB.

I agree Eli that will get in when it's all said and done. But it has less to do with his career performance on the field and more to with the fact that his name is attached to both his brother Peyton and his dad Archie and being known as a beast killer who took out the unstoppable Brady led Patriots TWICE. 

Also, comparing QB numbers from the 80's to 2019 is ridiculous and I hope I don't need to explain why.

18 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

I don't think the voters are that stupid. 

DOn't underestimate their stupidity man. 

Sure, Eli was benched and his starting job is now on edge and he has been nothing but average throughout his career. But 10 years after he retires, the voters are not going to remember  any of that. Their going to remember that his last name is manning and that he beat Brady and the Patriots twice in the super bowl. 

Again, I agree that Eli is not a HoF QB but the HoF has become a joke in the last 10 years or so. It has become more about politics and less about on-field accomplishments. Sad to say but it is what it is.

21 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

No, the odds are against him ever getting in. His only hope is he gets the Ken Stabler treatment and gets in as a seniors candidate. To pick Eli Manning as one of just 5 players to get inducted in a year...that is never, EVER going to freak'n happen. You just don't understand how the HOF works. 

Troy Aikman and Kurt Warner were considered elite. Warner won 2 MVPs, Aikman was considered one of the most talented, accurate passers to ever play. Eli Manning and especially Flacco were never considered elite, and they sure as hell were never considered historically talented, accurate passers. 

Do you see Jim Plunkett in the HOF? Because that's, at best, the class Flacco is in. 

Oh, and you don't seem to grasp that Plunkett played in a completely different era. His numbers for his time were on par with Manning/Flacco's today. 

19 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

There's no ******* way. He's been complete trash for his entire career. 

Opinions on Eli's HoF chances.

He's in, this isn't even a discussion actually. It's one of those things where maybe most fans will disagree but he'll get voted in no problem.

Troy Aikman was on a loaded team with 1 SB MVP and no serious individual accolades with a shortened career, he unfortunately lowered the bar.

1 hour ago, x0x said:

He's in, this isn't even a discussion actually. It's one of those things where maybe most fans will disagree but he'll get voted in no problem.

Troy Aikman was on a loaded team with 1 SB MVP and no serious individual accolades with a shortened career, he unfortunately lowered the bar.

Aikman never lead the league in picks or was a giant liability like Eli has done/been. 

Eli is one of those instances where I can see the FAME in Hall of Fame really being stressed. He's never been consensus top 5 at his position - fringe top 10 (if that) for the most part. But his big moments are SO big, plus his name, plus playing in a huge market, seems like he'll get in on his legend rather than his ability.

Archived