Todd Gurley

showtime

Lets talk about it.

This is one of the elite offensive players in the entire NFL.  The man had 21 touchdowns this season, while missing two games.  He also could have had a couple more TD's, but he kneeled down on at least two that I saw this year because the game was already won.  The guy is an amazing talent and he's been fantastic all season long.

Now cut to the NFC Championship game.  Gurley barely gets the ball and spends a majority of the time sitting on the sidelines.  Everyone watching the game is thinking Gurley must be injured, but after the game (and the weeks leading up to the Superbowl), the public is told repeatedly that Gurley is not hurt.  In fact, when he got in the game, he did not look hurt or hampered very much.  Before the Superbowl McVay says that Gurley will be heavily used....

Cut to the Superbowl.  Again, Gurley spends the majority of the offensive snaps watching from the sideline.  Even on 3rd and long situations, Gurley is not in the game.  Throughout his career, Gurley has proven to be an ELITE receiving back and he has been fantastic at blitz pickups.  So why is he not in the game even on these downs?  Why is he just standing on the sideline?  He doesn't look hurt.  Every time the camera cut to him during the game he's sitting on the bench or just simply standing on the sideline.

So what's up with all this?  I've never seen anything like it and there doesn't seem to be an explanation.  If he's not hurt, then why isn't he playing?  Did he just all of a sudden quit on the team and is giving half-arse effort where McVay has to bench him?  Is he playing really poorly to where he needed to be benched due to performance issues?  I just don't understand how you have an elite offensive player and don't use him in a game where your offense is all-time bad.  What in the heck is going on?

I wouldn't be shocked of Gurley has a torn meniscus or MCL - something that can be played on, but is contingent on pain. 

Gurley probably felt good leading up to the game, but probably felt it get significantly worse quickly.

You can find out what Gurley thinks of the Rams owner and other NFL owners on Youtube.

I would not rule out terrible attitude.

Google this : HBO LeBron Gurley

If it is injury then the Rams need to lose draft picks.

This is Chicago Black Sox level stuff if they were lying about Gurley being healthy.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't be shocked of Gurley has a torn meniscus or MCL - something that can be played on, but is contingent on pain. 

Gurley probably felt good leading up to the game, but probably felt it get significantly worse quickly.

How many times do I have to say 'he's a cat person' before people get the message?

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

My gut definitely says injury, but it's weird because we really didn't hear anything about any such possible injury for him. Like, not a peep. 

They even went out of their way to say it's 100% not an injury thing and that Gurley would be heavily involved in the SB. 

Just now, showtime said:

They even went out of their way to say it's 100% not an injury thing and that Gurley would be heavily involved in the SB. 

I'll be curious to see if something comes out of this - IE, we find out Gurley was hurt, Rams get fined for the bad injury reporting, etc. That's the only thing that makes any sense. I don't know how else to explain him completely disappearing from the team's gameplan for the most part. Its way way way more baffling than the Butler benching in my opinion. 

He's obviously hurt....he's already been sitting out games for the injury.

He tore his ACL in that knee in college.

You don't just sit one of the best and highest paid players in the league for no reason.

Frankly I'm shocked that people are baffled or coming up with random explanations of the Rams just deciding he's not good enough so they aren't playing him.

My guess is the knee injury is more significant that was let on.  Gamesmanship in play in stating he was 100% healthy going into the game.  Pretty easy to say in covering for any league penalties that he aggravated it in warm ups or on his first carry.  

Archived