Todd Gurley

showtime

If it's injury, then the Rams should face some penalty, because that would definitely be considered "significant or noteworthy" if it was impacting his snap count and involvement in the game plan.

I could honestly see it being simpler than people are making it out to be. Anderson was on a tear since he was signed. Anderson and Gurley seemed to be swapping out about every other drive or so. Gurley did end up with more touches, but it was something like a 60/40 split. Their production was relatively similar in this game, both getting a little over 3 yards per carry. His touches seemed low, but the Rams also just barely had any offensive snaps for a huge chunk of the game. I could really see it just being that Anderson earned himself a snap count, neither guy performed well enough to be considered the hot hand and be stuck with, so they stuck with a rotation throughout.

It was reported before the game that the Rams' RBs coach told the media that Gurley would not be utilized as a workhorse in the SB. I thought that could be a smokescreen statement, but it turned out to be true. To me it seems pretty clear that Gurley is hurt and that's why he gets few touches and hasn't played well in the last 2 games. Obviously he doesn't have a torn ACL or something, but he's been hurt and the Rams didn't want to communicate that because then opponents wouldn't have to worry about trying to defend against Gurley. Gurley became a decoy in the playoffs. 

Maybe it's something more conspiratorial, but i didn't really think he looked very good when he did get touches in the SB game.  

Wouldn't exactly be the first NFL team to treat their players like pack mules and have team doctors report them "fully healthy", and/or get frustrated when the guy doesn't thrive while playing through a "pain management" issue.

Idk gurley was rolling his eyes on the sideline and looked pissed on several occasions then after half when he got a couple carries he looked like he was playing with fire. Idk if injury is the story here. 

It's not injury. Even in the Saints game he admitted to playing sorry.

And go back and rewatch the SB he still had his speed and power even if he might have been nicked up a bit. But the sideline reporter basically confirmed it was not injury after talking with McVay about it, plus she went into a story about how Anderson was brought in to help mentor Gurley later in the season.

The biggest tell though is the way the Patriots played against him. They were not worried in the least when he was in the lineup I thought I saw a 8+ stacked box maybe 3 times that night. Even when Gurley was injuried he was doing well against teams that didnt stack the box against him. So it's not injury. We would have heard something by now if it was injury, but nothing on tape nor in the past suggested he was THAT injuried. He seemed more timid then anything.

I posted something similar in the other thread, but it seems more appropriate to post it here...

At the end of the day he laced em' up and was a go. Gurley himself said he wasn't injured, reports came out that he wasn't injured, and he wasn't listed on the injury report. If he was injured, didn't the Rams break the league rules by not listing him?

Something definitely smells here. Either McVay turned in to an actual idiot by only giving his best player 11 touches in a game that was within 1 possession for 57 minutes (which I don't believe because I don't think he's that stupid), or he really was injured (which again if he was injured, didn't the Rams break league rules by not listing him?), or there's something deeper going on.

I would be demanding answers if I were a Rams fan.

There is an issue with his knee you could almost tell in my opinion just based on the way he was running he wasn't trying to cut real hard his runs were not overly aggressive. All of that on top of being extremely Limited. I'll be honest I'm starting to question Todd gurley's shelf life

13 hours ago, SkippyX said:

You can find out what Gurley thinks of the Rams owner and other NFL owners on Youtube.

I would not rule out terrible attitude.

Google this : HBO LeBron Gurley

If it is injury then the Rams need to lose draft picks.

This is Chicago Black Sox level stuff if they were lying about Gurley being healthy.

Chicago Black Sox? You are kidding me right?

First of all it's nothing like the Chicago Black Sox second of all technically the Chicago Black Sox didn't do a damn thing wrong so says the court of law. Major League Baseball just chose to make their own judgment call sounds very Rodger Goodell like. But I'm not sure that gambling or rather betting on yourself in baseball is anything like faking an injury in football or lying about 1

Archived