Todd Gurley

showtime

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Dr Chao is a hack. He got his medical license revoked a few years ago!

Yeah I don’t know anything about him. Though he didn’t just make up that info. Gurley was the fastest guy on the field.

And yes I realize this doesn’t mean his knee wasn’t hurt, but it is interesting that the superstar who was so limited his team barely gave him the ball was still the fastest dude out there. Probably should’ve been feeding him the ball more IMO

48 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I could be wrong, but I believe if Gurley fully participated in practice, the Rams haven't broken any rules.

Aren’t they supposed to still list him as “Full Participant - Knee” like the link on page 3 shows?

I don’t know the rules either but that seems like the reason they’d have the “Full Participant” designation, for guys who are practicing while hurt.

I know the Saints got a minor fine for this several years back, and the following week Sean Payton listed like 40 guys on the injury report to make a point about a dumb rule.

22 minutes ago, Dome said:

Aren’t they supposed to still list him as “Full Participant - Knee” like the link on page 3 shows?

I don’t know the rules either but that seems like the reason they’d have the “Full Participant” designation, for guys who are practicing while hurt.

I know the Saints got a minor fine for this several years back, and the following week Sean Payton listed like 40 guys on the injury report to make a point about a dumb rule.

Did they not? They had been doing that thus far in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Did they not? They had been doing that thus far in the playoffs.

I have no idea lol.

i just assumed that since people were saying he wasn’t listed on the injury report and that’s why the rams could be in trouble that he wasn’t listed.

If he was, then IDK what anyone’s issue could be

Either way it’s a dumb rule that does very little for anyone 

Just now, jrry32 said:

That still doesn't address health. You could literally see Gurley limping on the field at times during the game.

If he can run full speed then he is not that hurt.

I remember the bragging earlier in the year that he was hurt and still putting up all his amazing stats. The Pats Defense was obviously not afraid of him hurt or not hurt and used a spy to keep him in check. If he was as injuried as some would have suggest then it should have been reported and he should not have been playing but obviously he could still cut and burst through the hole like he was doing last night. At most he was knicked up a bit but given the way the Pats played defense, he still should have been a major factor but he wasn't.

Cards on the table: He's either injured or playing badly. I can't really blame McVay for not using him. The Rams OLine was far too poor on the night to let us run the ball anyway. The Pats did a number on them. It was probably more of a case of McVay not trusting the guys upfront to do their job as the game went on, aside from not trusting Gurley - if, indeed, he's not injured. 

6 hours ago, BearFromArgentina said:

In the Super Bowl pre-game on-field interview, McVay was asked about the status of Gurley for the game, and he said something like "he is ready today, i see it in his eyes", hinting towards a mental/attitude issue the other day against the Saints, rather than an injury. Perhaps i'm speculating too much, but it is possible that Gurley may actually be suffering of anxiety or other mental distress due to the high stakes in the last two games? He was also "injured" against the Cowboys in the divisional game, and yet he performed quite well, but an NFC championship and a superbowl is another level of game.

How do you equate McVay saying "Gurley is ready for our game today" with him saying "oh by the way that also means he wasn't ready for the game 2 weeks ago"

21 hours ago, showtime said:

So what's up with all this?  I've never seen anything like it and there doesn't seem to be an explanation.  If he's not hurt, then why isn't he playing?  Did he just all of a sudden quit on the team and is giving half-arse effort where McVay has to bench him?  Is he playing really poorly to where he needed to be benched due to performance issues? 

Image result for arnold schwarzenegger you are a girly man

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If he can run full speed then he is not that hurt.

I remember the bragging earlier in the year that he was hurt and still putting up all his amazing stats. The Pats Defense was obviously not afraid of him hurt or not hurt and used a spy to keep him in check. If he was as injuried as some would have suggest then it should have been reported and he should not have been playing but obviously he could still cut and burst through the hole like he was doing last night. At most he was knicked up a bit but given the way the Pats played defense, he still should have been a major factor but he wasn't.

You can tear your ACL and still run fast in a straight line. It's the cutting that's problematic. I doubt Gurley had anything that severe, but as others speculated, I bet he has a MCL or Meniscus injury.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You can tear your ACL and still run fast in a straight line. It's the cutting that's problematic. I doubt Gurley had anything that severe, but as others speculated, I bet he has a MCL or Meniscus injury.

You could see on that play that got called back on the center that he could still cut and turn it up field which he did.

Maybe he is hurt, but until I actually see something legit I'm gonna maintain that I just don't think he was there mentally. He still looked very much like he could run.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You could see on that play that got called back on the center that he could still cut and turn it up field which he did.

Maybe he is hurt, but until I actually see something legit I'm gonna maintain that I just don't think he was there mentally. He still looked very much like he could run.

Why was he limping on the field if he was healthy?

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

what does that mean? lol

Did you forget the part about Gurley missing the end of the regular season with a knee injury? I said before the playoffs started that Gurley was going to be limited (at least initially). In fact I had a long argument with @jrry32 about it heading into week 17 because I wanted the niners to beat the rams and make them the #3 seed, specifically because I thought the extra week would greatly benefit gurley

Archived