NFC next year, early predictions

patriotsheatyan

So, how to you expect the NFC to go next year?

It seems like the top four seeds all blew their loads on this season. The Saints, Bears, and Cowboys are all without first round picks. The Bears and Rams also lack second round picks, and in the Rams case they also lack a third. The Saints, Bears, and Eagles are out of money, while the Rams, Panthers, and Falcons aren’t doing well in that department either.

I was thinking Minnesota might rebound, but they appear to be out of cash which could result in an exodus of talent. Seattle, Dallas, and Green Bay meanwhile have money and in Green Bay’s case multiple first round picks. Carolina might have serious QB issues. 

It seems like most of the NFC is dealing with serious cap issues and traded away a large number of future picks. 

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

So, how to you expect the NFC to go next year?

It seems like the top four seeds all blew their loads on this season. The Saints, Bears, and Cowboys are all without first round picks. The Bears and Rams also lack second round picks, and in the Rams case they also lack a third. The Saints, Bears, and Eagles are out of money, while the Rams, Panthers, and Falcons aren’t doing well in that department either.

I was thinking Minnesota might rebound, but they appear to be out of cash which could result in an exodus of talent. Seattle, Dallas, and Green Bay meanwhile have money and in Green Bay’s case multiple first round picks. Carolina might have serious QB issues. 

It seems like most of the NFC is dealing with serious cap issues and traded away a large number of future picks. 

Thoughts?

The Vikes can get to $30-$35 million in cap space pretty quickly by releasing Remmers, Sendejo and Rudolph. They will probably rework Griffens deal too. 

Barr and Richardson are the key free agents.

MN needs to rebuild the interior OL and establish a running game if they have any hopes in 2019. I don't expect Cousins to carry the team, he'll have to be carried.

The Eagles will be back next year with a fully healthy team and Wentz. Look at the number of injuries they sustained:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/recap-eagles-injury-filled-2018-season-stick-figure-form/

All of that and they still took down the leagues #1 defense in the playoffs while almost beating arguably the best team in the conference at home the following week.

I think a strong offseason puts the Eagles right back towards the top.

Archived