NFC next year, early predictions

patriotsheatyan

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Goff better improve big time if you want to have another shot at the SB.

From what people say it looks like he is 32 and has been 10 years in the league, but he is 24 years old. I would say he has room for improvement.

Just now, Against_me said:

From what people say it looks like he is 32 and has been 10 years in the league, but he is 24 years old. I would say he has room for improvement.

Nobody is saying he won't improve.  All we are saying is the Rams need better QB play going forward if they want to return to the SB.

14 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

The Saints, Bears, and Eagles are out of money

Money is no object when you have Howie Roseman. 

We'll not resign players, cut dead weight and we are at about $25 million in cap space. Also some restructuring's are likely.

11 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I'm surprised how many people are sleeping on the Rams. We still here y'all...

Young team and coach all in their primes, with guys like Goff still improving and guys like Cooper Kupp hopefully coming back healthy next year. 

I'm not saying Rams are guaranteed #1 but they are definitely in that conversation until proven otherwise. It's Rams/Saints/Eagles (in no order) and then everybody else.

I'd have to agree with this. New Orleans' window is open so long as they have Brees. Eagles just need to have Howie keep doing his black magic with the cap. Rams have so much talent.

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bears could be the Rams this year. Trubisky got his first taste of the playoffs. Needs to take a step up next year, but if he's even marginally better with that defense they can make noise.

Or they could be this year's Vikings. The Vikes defense peaked last year, the same is likely going to be true with next year's Bears. It's hard to be that good consecutively. The Vikes also had efficient QB play with Keenum, much like Trubisky for Chicago this year. The Vikes tried to get more from the position and acquired Cousins, this led to more TDs and yards, but also more turnovers. The Bears may expect Trubisky to do more in year 3.

The Bears may be this year's Vikings and miss the playoffs. However, I think there are two advantages the Bears that could save them: an OL and unknown at QB. Everyone knew Cousins doesn't get up for big games and he didn't do anything in MN to disprove this. Trubisky may become a better QB, or he may regress.

The Super Bowl performance by the Rams opens them up for next year. Likely downturn for sure, maybe even sniffing 8-8. Track record of Super Bowl losers ain't great.

I think Saints if they maintain can have a fairytale ending for Brees. Other than them maybe the Seahawks or Vikings come out.

Just now, Danger said:

Patriots say hi.

Yeah the one outlier really. How about the 90s Bills while you're at it?

The Rams could make it back to the playoffs but only 4 teams ever have come back to the Super Bowl after losing, 72 Dolphins, 87 Broncos, 91-93 Bills and 2018 Patriots. And the Broncos and Bills lose theirs.

So yeah, if you think Rams are winning next year's Super Bowl bet big.

7 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Saints are done. They caught other teams with surprise at the beginning of season with their running games, there will be no more surprise.

Caught teams with a surprise at the beginning of the seasons with their running game?? I think the cat was out of the bag in 2017 in regards to our running game when we had 2 RB's go to the Pro Bowl, and have statistically one of the greatest seasons in NFL history by a RB duo. There was no surprise this season when Kamara started off hot, and Ingram came back and continued where he left off from the year before.  

6 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Call me crazy, but I feel like Atlanta somehow claims the #1 seed.

I can see it

Koetter's tenure wasn't amazing as a HC, but gotta love the idea of those downfield passes with Atlanta's weapons.

Saints look primed to fall with all the whining they are doing...could build into a Super bowl loser like hangover if they don't just shut up and get over it, but mostly because how bad Drew started to look down the stretch.

Cam is injured and could start slow and Bucs could bounce back with Arians, but Winston limits them.

Archived