Matthew Slater, HoFer?

patriotsheatyan

Since Tasker isn’t in, I’m gonna say no.  I know people like to say special teams is 1/3 of the game, but that’s not entirely accurate.  It’s mainly one of 3 parts of the game.  Obviously offense and defense are weighted more when it comes down to it.  Special teams is really closer to 10-15% of the game (although a very critical 10-15% of the game), because otherwise you’d see punters and kickers being drafted in the early rounds much more frequently 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pretty much this. If Tasker had set the precedent, then I'd concede there was a chance. Tasker has never gotten HOF love, Slater shouldn't either. 

Unless he can start blocking kicks and suddenly turns into a Hester-type return man. Which, you know... that ain't happening.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm seriously not sure if both of these threads are just trolling or not. Is this a joke?

At least a reasonable case can be made for Slater that if you’re going to put the greatest at all positions into the HOF, even at special teams, then he would deserve a nod.  The Edelman thread is just an absurd overreaction on all levels.  Because if Edelman ever gets in, then I have a huge list of other receivers that I want inducted as well

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

At least a reasonable case can be made for Slater that if you’re going to put the greatest at all positions into the HOF, even at special teams, then he would deserve a nod.  The Edelman thread is just an absurd overreaction on all levels.  Because if Edelman ever gets in, then I have a huge list of other receivers that I want inducted as well

Actually agree with this. I have less issue with Slater in the Hall then I would Edelman. 

7 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Yeah but ST's ace isn't a Hall of Fame position. If someone wants to argue it should be, then fine but like what the hell are we doing if we're inducting guys who barely make NFL rosters in the Hall of Fame?

Like Albert McClellan is one of the best ST's guys in the NFL and the Ravens straight up cut him to make room for Ty Montgomery this year...

Archived