pwny

Report: Raiders to play 2019 season at Oracle Park in San Francisco

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Closer and in the city itself is not really the same thing. Especially with the long history of hatred between the two franchises and fanbases. Reportedly, York has always viewed the Raiders as a thorn in his side regarding growth in northern California. He wasn't going to let the Raiders play in Levi's Stadium.. I can't imagine him being much happier about this arrangement. He wants the Raiders out and away.

Don’t the 49ers have to approve this first?

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Don’t the 49ers have to approve this first?

Yes, which they have not done yet. They will probably be pressured by the league to approve it regardless (if the league views it as the best option, that is).

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yes, which they have not done yet. They will probably be pressured by the league to approve it regardless (if the league views it as the best option, that is).

I don't think the permission will be a problem, though as someone else in the niner forum said, I doubt that they do it out of altruism.  As was said there, I wouldn't doubt that in exchange for permission, they ask the league not to be in hard knocks or something like that

On 2/3/2019 at 10:21 PM, pwny said:

This could get ugly.

This will be fun.

It's too bad they don't play the 49ers next year.

Edited by ILoveTheVikings

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Closer and in the city itself is not really the same thing. Especially with the long history of hatred between the two franchises and fanbases. Reportedly, York has always viewed the Raiders as a thorn in his side regarding growth in northern California. He wasn't going to let the Raiders play in Levi's Stadium.. I can't imagine him being much happier about this arrangement. He wants the Raiders out and away.

1 season is a small price to pay for having the market to yourself for the rest of time.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:22 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

From one baseball field to another. At least it's an upgrade over the dump in Oakland. 

Yep.  The nice thing is that when you know you are going into the home you will have a year later, you can get through a season playing pretty much anywhere.  It's only a matter of time until your home games will be played in one of the coolest venues in any major sport.

Well there goes my dream that they would be forced into playing out of Qualcomm for a season and really highlighting the ineptititude of the NFL for letting the Chargers leave San Diego. 

I just love they have the baseball diamond back for one more year. I need SF to make a run it’s an odd year I think they win in those years but they’ve kinda sucked recently so I probably won’t get my wish. 

44 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I just love they have the baseball diamond back for one more year. I need SF to make a run it’s an odd year I think they win in those years but they’ve kinda sucked recently so I probably won’t get my wish. 

This may be the last chance to ever see a baseball diamond in an NFL game.

Go SF Giants!

That stadium may be great for baseball but doubt it would work for football even if it's just for 1 year. 

42 minutes ago, tom cody said:

That stadium may be great for baseball but doubt it would work for football even if it's just for 1 year. 

There's really no good options for the Raiders right now, lol.