Report: Raiders to play 2019 season at Oracle Park in San Francisco

pwny

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So they're Oakland fans instead of Raider fans. Got it.

Ask @ramssuperbowl99 what it's like when your team moves and leaves your city with over 100 MILLION in unpaid debt 

Those Oakland fans have been through some rough times, who knows what will actually happen.

One thing I've learned over the years is that each person's fandom is their own. If people decide to stop being fans, that's their prerogative. No skin off my back. To each their own. 

Btw @ramssuperbowl99 I think it's time to change the name to ramssuperbowl19 to commemorate the Rams glorious defeat, we both know it was sweeter than any victory in 99

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Ask @ramssuperbowl99 what it's like when your team moves and leaves your city with over 100 MILLION in unpaid debt 

Or any Oilers fan from Houston. Or any Browns/Ravens fan from Cleveland. Or any Seattle Sonics fan. 

When your team leaves, they're dead to you. They become public enemy #1. @ramssuperbowl99 conjures up one of my greater football memories - Kevin Dyson coming up one yard short - not because I was a Rams' fan, but because the mere thought of the old Oilers winning a SB makes me physically ill. 

There's no greater scorn than a former fan of a franchise that moves cities. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Those Oakland fans have been through some rough times, who knows what will actually happen.

One thing I've learned over the years is that each person's fandom is their own. If people decide to stop being fans, that's their prerogative. No skin off my back. To each their own. 

Btw @ramssuperbowl99 I think it's time to change the name to ramssuperbowl19 to commemorate the Rams glorious defeat, we both know it was sweeter than any victory in 99

Exactly. The Raiders are spending a ton of money to move away from you.

If you're a fan because they were in Oakland, and you're still a fan after they leave, you're basically that annoying guy who won't take the hint and leave the party he's not wanted at.

Also Ramssuperbowl2019 has a nice ring to it.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Exactly. The Raiders are spending a ton of money to move away from you.

If you're a fan because they were in Oakland, and you're still a fan after they leave, you're basically that annoying guy who won't take the hint and leave the party he's not wanted at.

They had decades to figure out a new stadium situation. Decades. I do not feel sorry whatsoever for the city of Oakland or Oakland fans that will stop being Raider fans when we leave.

You seriously expect the Raiders to continue to play on a dirt field and avoid moving to one of the nicest facilities in the entire world, just to stay loyal to the city of Oakland? Who is suing the entire league?

Yea, ok.

Edit: "Spending a ton of money to move away from you", aka probably tripling the teams net-worth with the move? 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They had decades to figure out a new stadium situation. Decades. I do not feel sorry whatsoever for the city of Oakland or Oakland fans that will stop being Raider fans when we leave.

You seriously expect the Raiders to continue to play on a dirt field and avoid moving to one of the nicest facilities in the entire world, just to stay loyal to the city of Oakland? Who is suing the entire league?

Yea, ok.

Edit: "Spending a ton of money to move away from you", aka probably tripling the teams net-worth with the move? 

They're spending $1.1B to get away from you.

But hey, at least the net worth of the team went up. A 55 year old manchild trust fund baby got richer. Take real pride in that as you root for a team that wants nothing to do with you.

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But hey, at least the net worth of the team went up. A 55 year old manchild trust fund baby got richer. Take real pride in that as you root for a team that wants nothing to do with you.

I'm Canadian (not an Oakland resident). I've been to games in 3 different US cities and the worst by far is Oakland. In fact it's the worst professional sporting facility I have ever seen (Out of NFL, NHL, MLB, etc). It's worse than a couple of the newer CFL stadiums.

This isn't a situation where Kroenke had a good thing going and flipped the bird to St Louis. This is a situation where the Raiders simply could not play in that facility anymore. And when it was abundantly clear we wouldn't get a new one in Oakland, we looked elsewhere and hit the jackpot in Vegas.

Your experience with the Rams does not relate to the one with the Raiders. Don't be so bitter just because your Owner, or old Owner, screwed your team. 

At the end of the day, sure non-rational fans will get super heated and jump ship for moving from their city. But the realistic ones who understand it's not personal and is a business decision that GREATLY benefits the franchise will be fine with it.

I am experiencing it with the current city I live in and with the team maybe moving due to having the worst facilities in the league and the city not helping to come to a solution.

I would be disappointed if they bolt, but 100% would understand why they had to.

So did most Southern California Rams stop following them when they left? Did the ones who did pick another team?

Are they fans again? Is that St. Louis Super Bowl something that they take pride in now, or is like your girl coming back to you after having someone else's baby?

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm Canadian (not an Oakland resident). I've been to games in 3 different US cities and the worst by far is Oakland. In fact it's the worst professional sporting facility I have ever seen (Out of NFL, NHL, MLB, etc). It's worse than a couple of the newer CFL stadiums.

This isn't a situation where Kroenke had a good thing going and flipped the bird to St Louis. This is a situation where the Raiders simply could not play in that facility anymore. And when it was abundantly clear we wouldn't get a new one in Oakland, we looked elsewhere and hit the jackpot in Vegas.

Your experience with the Rams does not relate to the one with the Raiders. Don't be so bitter just because your Owner, or old Owner, screwed your team. 

It took me all of 20 seconds on Wikipedia to look up that there was a plan from Oakland with $1.3B in renovations and hundreds of millions of that provided by the city. Pretending that the city did nothing here is absurd; about as absurd as calling a $1.3B+ facility unplayable.

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

At the end of the day, sure non-rational fans will get super heated and jump ship for moving from their city. But the realistic ones who understand it's not personal and is a business decision that GREATLY benefits the franchise will be fine with it.

I am experiencing it with the current city I live in and with the team maybe moving due to having the worst facilities in the league and the city not helping to come to a solution.

I would be disappointed if they bolt, but 100% would understand why they had to.

Fanhood is 100% an emotional, personal decision. Compartmentalizing why a team makes a "business decision" when the entire basis for your fanhood is emotional anyway and acting like that somehow makes you more rational/objective/reasonable is a bad joke.

As for "the city not helping", let's call that exactly what it is; a city caving to a hostage situation. Anyone with an ounce of pride in their region is going to be aware that threatening a move unless the owner gets hundreds of millions in publicly funded money for a stadium that does absolutely nothing to boost the economy of the area, then going through with it when they don't get it is a slap in the face. 

Oakland's offer was more than fair to Mark Davis - it was probably a net negative for the city frankly. He chose to move in spite of that. There should be zero Raider fans in the Oakland area.

But at least the upside is that a trust fund baby got a quarter billion dollars in tax dollars. That's good for society.

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

St Louis' idea was just as bad as what the Raiders are doing. Kroenke was supposed to spend that much money and not even own the stadium. There's a genius idea how about we make the largest property owner in the country be a tenant.

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

St Louis' idea was just as bad as what the Raiders are doing. Kroenke was supposed to spend that much money and not even own the stadium. There's a genius idea how about we make the largest property owner in the country be a tenant.

Being a stadium tenant is actually a good thing for the team. Unlike a house, you don't really have much room to sell a stadium and get equity back out of it. When you rent, you're not responsible for the upkeep or insurance or any of those other expenses. Teams rent stadiums because it's a sweetheart deal for them. All the benefits including the revenue the stadium generates, with none of the responsibilities,

Been meaning to get back in touch with you. Did you enjoy the Super Bowl?

41 minutes ago, CrashMan510 said:

How is moving from the #8 market in the u.s to the 40th good for business ?

The market size has minimal impact on the Raiders revenues because TV and internet money is split equally between all 32 teams
The local money comes from merchandising and luxury boxes and the Raiders in OAK have minimal boxes - which is why they needed a new stadium and why they are moving to Vegas. On the merch side, I doubt it will matter much because of all the new LV Raiders gear that gets sold -  will be larger than the Oak Raiders merch over the same time period because many of those fans already own gear. The other part of the merchandise sales is that much of it will be sold to tourists in Las Vegas who wouldn't buy Oakland merchandise. So the Raiders win HUGE on the local money side and lose nothing on the TV side

Archived