UPDATE: mark davis still looks homeless - Raiders probably stay in OAK - BONUS POLL

N4L

Which photo do you like better  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which photo do you like better

• A
    • B

raiders to play at Oracle park, home of the SF giants, According to Raj mathai of NBC bay area  Seemed thread worthy. 

The raiders will play at the home of the San Francisco Giants. I imagine the raiders will play their first 4-5 games on the road/London then have their first home game the first weekend in November, just in case the giants make the world series LOL

The raiders wont share levis, and as such we will be able to schedule a much more favorable schedule without having to puzzle together 7 Raiders home games (8 minus London).

UPDATE: 49ers dont waive territorial rights, Raiders still homeless, running out of options

Apparently the raiders and giants were negotiating without the knowledge or consent of the 49ers nor the city and county of San Francisco. 

London breed made an interesting point about how next year is the first year of the warriors new stadium (chase center) and there is also a 1400 unit housing complex coming online soon in the same area. 

"The Oakland raiders should play in Oakland"

I wonder how much Libby schaf and London breed spoke about this (if at all). 

**** Raj Mathai and his irresponsible reporting. 

Update #2 Raiders nearing deal to stay in Oakland, Al Davis shakes his head at his son 

https://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/Oakland-Raiders-Coliseum-close-to-deal-to-keep-13628183.php?t=cd6760ff20

Which photo do you like better:

A)

gDPwjt-e1545049451892.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

B) 

FJmQIRJ.jpg

35 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Niners have to waive their territorial rights before the deal is completed. They have not done I yet and I would love for them to not do it.

That is an excellent point. 

I don't know if Jed has that kind of balls though

45 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Niners have to waive their territorial rights before the deal is completed. They have not done I yet and I would love for them to not do it.

I'd be very surprised if they blocked it. I'm sure the NFL has talked to them about the situation before. The whole thing is kind of a disaster, I doubt that Jed / 49ers are going to continue to make it look bad 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd be very surprised if they blocked it. I'm sure the NFL has talked to them about the situation before. The whole thing is kind of a disaster, I doubt that Jed / 49ers are going to continue to make it look bad 

There are other venues to play if the NFL really wanted to get involved. San Francisco 3rd and king shouldn't be one of them. Stanford is equally capable, Cal Berkeley was recently renovated and would be better than the Chargers stadium in Carson. 

I personally think Goodell is on his way out in the coming years and he's not exactly someone I'd want my owner bending over for so yea I'd also love for us to block the raiders and tell the both Mark Davis and Rodger Goodell to suck it. 

27 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

There are other venues to play if the NFL really wanted to get involved. San Francisco 3rd and king shouldn't be one of them. Stanford is equally capable, Cal Berkeley was recently renovated and would be better than the Chargers stadium in Carson. 

I personally think Goodell is on his way out in the coming years and he's not exactly someone I'd want my owner bending over for so yea I'd also love for us to block the raiders and tell the both Mark Davis and Rodger Goodell to suck it. 

I'm pretty sure both Stanford and Cal were ruled out. Neither wanted the Raiders there was my understanding. 

San Diego was a viable option - not sure why that wasn't looked at more, especially given that it's a lot closer to Vegas as well. Still, the problem needs to be resolved quickly, so again, I really don't think SF or York is going to hold this when it's just for a year. 

35 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Niners are going to get something for allowing the raiders to play at Oracle park like no hard knocks.

If we can somehow not share a stadium with the raiders AND not be on hardknocks, I would be pumped 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

If we can somehow not share a stadium with the raiders AND not be on hardknocks, I would be pumped 

Why would you not want the niners to be on hard knocks? I can understand the coaches but not the fans. I'd love to see behind the scenes. It would be destination TV for me. 

35 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Why would you not want the niners to be on hard knocks? I can understand the coaches but not the fans. I'd love to see behind the scenes. It would be destination TV for me. 

Don't get me wrong, if we are there I am watching the hell out of that. 

I'd rather not have so many cameras in the locker room giving opposing teams so much insight into our team. I don't believe it is conducive to winning football games. 

49er football in January >>>>>>>>>>>>>> entertainment in July 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Don't get me wrong, if we are there I am watching the hell out of that. 

I'd rather not have so many cameras in the locker room giving opposing teams so much insight into our team. I don't believe it is conducive to winning football games. 

49er football in January >>>>>>>>>>>>>> entertainment in July 

I agree with the final part but they dont really get into Xs and Os on the show it's more about who the players and coaches are behind the scenes. To me at least. I didnt watch much of the Tampa one, I did watch the rams one... though that might have been the Amazon version. I think they did both and i must have watched both.

Archived