UPDATE: mark davis still looks homeless - Raiders probably stay in OAK - BONUS POLL

N4L

Which photo do you like better  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which photo do you like better

• A
    • B

12 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

it's more about who the players and coaches are behind the scenes

Honestly, I feel like the players and coaches try too hard to be something they're not when they know they have a camera on them. Watching a bit of Hue Jackson last summer... that was painful to watch. He looked the complete opposite of genuine. It looked like every mundane sentence he told anyone was rehearsed and perhaps stolen from an afterschool special, trying to be inspirational, and trying to act cool when he was anything but. If Hard Knocks was a movie, it would be straight to the unwanted DVD bin type of quality. That's the kind of dialogue you get. Rehearsed, contrived, with a lot of stuff held back. And while you have your coaches and players holding back while the cameras are on them, they're not preparing fully. I mean, there are things that they won't say or do with the cameras on, that they'll do when they're not, but that time with the cameras on is kinda wasted. Can we afford to lose that kind of time being pretty for the cameras?

11 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Honestly, I feel like the players and coaches try too hard to be something they're not when they know they have a camera on them. Watching a bit of Hue Jackson last summer... that was painful to watch. He looked the complete opposite of genuine. It looked like every mundane sentence he told anyone was rehearsed and perhaps stolen from an afterschool special, trying to be inspirational, and trying to act cool when he was anything but. If Hard Knocks was a movie, it would be straight to the unwanted DVD bin type of quality. That's the kind of dialogue you get. Rehearsed, contrived, with a lot of stuff held back. And while you have your coaches and players holding back while the cameras are on them, they're not preparing fully. I mean, there are things that they won't say or do with the cameras on, that they'll do when they're not, but that time with the cameras on is kinda wasted. Can we afford to lose that kind of time being pretty for the cameras?

These guys have cameras on them every day they are on the field or in facilities. It might be a day or two but the real people show up. I thought Cleveland last year was fantastic especially Jarvis Landry. The behind the scenes stuff with the contract for Mayfield, how the team dealt with Calloway getting in trouble etc. I guess I dont get into social media really so I dont see them in any real fashion other than the product on the field. 

I think it would be great to see joe Staley and jimmy g and bosa (or allen)behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Oakland needs to just leave the state of California already. This is just getting ugly for their franchise. 

I can't wait. I hope they stop playing raiders games on TV, or at least making it the only game on in that timeslot. 

Updated the thread title and the first post. Irresponsible reporting by NBC bay areas finest, Raj Mathai. They always play a super freaking loud commercial during the game at the stadium with him and how 'nbc investigates'. Really great investigating, Raj 

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Oakland needs to just leave the state of California already. This is just getting ugly for their franchise. 

They should come play in Montréal. They would have 8 (or 7) sold out crowds of nearly 70k. Easy. And no one is using the stadium, really. And it would mess with the entire AFC West, with the traveling times to the EST. The Raiders would have a competitive advantage over all of them, which they need, because they suck.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-49ers-wont-allow-raiders-play-san-francisco-open-levis?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

"The 49ers, according to sources, have an offer to the Raiders to play at Levi’s Stadium for one season. The stadium in Santa Clara was originally designed with two teams in mind, but Raiders owner Mark Davis was never interested in merely being a tenant in the 49ers’ building."

WHY WHY WHY

Only way I would be behind this is if the Raiders gave us a draft pick in the third round or higher. Other than that, this does not benefit the team at all in a league with a hard cap and revenue sharing. This would have an adverse affect on scheduling games, meaning it would be an obstacle to a winning season. I see no reason to accommodate them other than $$$$$ which will not be spent on the team, nor in any way to benefit the fans.

I wonder what they mean by 'designed with two teams in mind'. It was a horribly designed stadium, does this just mean there are three locker rooms? Seriously, with the types of stadiums going up right now, we are easily the worst of the NFL stadiums built in the last 15 years... 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived