Patriots to hire Greg Schiano as Defensive Coordinator to replace Flores

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, ianlewis16 said:

what was that about? strange move that I never bothered looking into

Belichick has done it before iirc. Flores had all the duties of DC but never the title. Probably has something to do with not wanting his coaches poached or to keep the position open until he sees how they fare in that role, lol.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Belichick has done it before iirc. Flores had all the duties of DC but never the title. Probably has something to do with not wanting his coaches poached or to keep the position open until he sees how they fare in that role, lol.

i assume he got paid like the DC. seems like a jip to me lol

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So much so he denied Flores the actual title and still lost him

I think they wanted to see if he could do it before naming him full time. I certainly didn't see Flores getting HC attention already. That was a surprise hire, don't think he was on anybody else's radar. 

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I think they wanted to see if he could do it before naming him full time. I certainly didn't see Flores getting HC attention already. That was a surprise hire, don't think he was on anybody else's radar. 

Didn't Flores get interviews last season, too?

50 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Just the one I think and without getting cynical, I guess you take into consideration that some teams are always looking to fulfil a Rooney Rule quota. 

Well the Cardinals hired a minority head coach and where the only team who interviewed Flores last year

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well the Cardinals hired a minority head coach and where the only team who interviewed Flores last year

Bet they will regret not hiring Flores after Kingsbury blows up in their face. We saw what their hire did last season... already forgot the guys name, just remember he was a coach under Rob Rivera a short while.

10 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Am I the only one who never had a problem with Schiano attacking the kneel-down plays? There's time on the clock. The ball is live. Obviously you go for it.

I hate kneel downs anyway, they shouldn't have special status.

You only kneel the ball when the game is already decided. Why not just be a gracious loser. If it takes you the final 2-3 plays of the game to be aggressive and try and force a fumble, where the hell was thst mentality earlier in the game

On 2/5/2019 at 7:59 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

In post superbowl interviews, Belichick referred to Flores as DC.  So could very well be that Flores finally earned the title after winning the SB.  

Archived