Patriots to hire Greg Schiano as Defensive Coordinator to replace Flores

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

You only kneel the ball when the game is already decided. Why not just be a gracious loser. If it takes you the final 2-3 plays of the game to be aggressive and try and force a fumble, where the hell was thst mentality earlier in the game

A 1 point lead with 1.40 on the clock is NOT a "decided" game. The offense kneeling is a play as live as any other, contrived to run down the clock, the defense has every right to prevent them.

7 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

A 1 point lead with 1.40 on the clock is NOT a "decided" game. The offense kneeling is a play as live as any other, contrived to run down the clock, the defense has every right to prevent them.

Has attempting to disrupt a kneel down ever worked at any level of the game? Even if it has, there's a far greater risk of injury on that play call than a turnover... the kneel down is, by its very nature, the safest play in the game.

I didn't think the play call was dirty or anything... but it definitely seemed frivolous to me.

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Has attempting to disrupt a kneel down ever worked at any level of the game? Even if it has, there's a far greater risk of injury on that play call than a turnover... the kneel down is, by its very nature, the safest play in the game.

I didn't think the play call was dirty or anything... but it definitely seemed frivolous to me.

Granted almost certainly won't work - but the same is true of hook and ladder plays, laterals and hail marys. That's the nature of the desperation play.

Obviously it was never gonna work, but it just annoyed me it was branded dirty and in poor spirit. You try until the time is up.

7 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Granted almost certainly won't work - but the same is true of hook and ladder plays, laterals and hail marys. That's the nature of the desperation play.

Obviously it was never gonna work, but it just annoyed me it was branded dirty and in poor spirit. You try until the time is up.

Exactly. I’ll never understand the issue with it.

Why the offence wouldn’t just line up in the pistol to prevent that play being effective is beyond me.

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Team would be only kneeling because the game is decided. What? Are you going to kneel to just punt?

if your kneeling the ball to run out the clock, the game is decided

On 2/5/2019 at 6:44 AM, TheKillerNacho said:
On 2/5/2019 at 5:57 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Belichick must be getting tired of losing his DC every year.

Prolly won’t have to worry about that for a while now.

So much so he denied Flores the actual title and still lost him

I understand. Only upon leaving the patriots do you get a title. That title is Defensive Coordinator.

His title is Defensive Coordinator. His title is Defensive Coordinator. His title is Defensive Coordinator.

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

Team would be only kneeling because the game is decided. What? Are you going to kneel to just punt?

if your kneeling the ball to run out the clock, the game is decided

...unless you accidentally fumble it and the defense gets the ball back. It's still a football play. It's still a live ball. The D has every right to try and win the game.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

...unless you accidentally fumble it and the defense gets the ball back. It's still a football play. It's still a live ball. The D has every right to try and win the game.

Out of all the kneelings how many fumble snaps have we seen? Heck, out of all the games played and all the snaps taken, how often do we see a fumble snap? We rarely see a fumble snap and even more rarely do we see the opposing team recover it. 

Archived