Official: Raiders to play 2019 season in Oakland

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Mark Davis is Tommy Boy in every sense of the character. We just need to hope in the 3rd act (move to Vegas) he saves the team and everyone has something to cheer about.

Just like the Mack trade, everyone is judging things a third of the way in.

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

this isn't a good look for free agency... why would a free agent sign when the team is homeless

The only potential effect this has on free agency is 1 year contract signings.  Money talks and so will state of the art facilities in year 2.

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

For at least one more year.  That Vegas stadium will turn that around.  Obviously decent drafting might help also.

Just having a nice place to play won't erase the ineptitude of this organization. They are flawed at the top. Tommy Boy just doesn't know how to run a successful business. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Just having a nice place to play won't erase the ineptitude of this organization. They are flawed at the top. Tommy Boy just doesn't know how to run a successful business. 

Yep or else Ray Zalinsky will buy him out and bankrupt the town 😂

I love how the haters will jump on anything to attack Mark even though he started with a franchise that played in a crumbling stadium on land he didn't control with a little to no leverage and turned that into putting the team in place that got the land and stadium in the Raiders name.

I understand the criticism but it doesn't fit. Just noise at this point.

34 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I love how the haters will jump on anything to attack Mark even though he started with a franchise that played in a crumbling stadium on land he didn't control with a little to no leverage and turned that into putting the team in place that got the land and stadium in the Raiders name.

There is a lot I could argue with this, I mean just look at the mess created. He basically has to swallow his pride now and accept playing at Levi's or in Oakland for a year. 

I was more focused on his leadership and meddling in the franchise. Coaching hires, money, etc. that he mismanages.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don’t disagree, but I think after the move things with smooth themselves out(obviously wishful thinking).  I do believe having a beautiful stadium/facilities will help with the image issue we have.  Moving to a new city will also give the team a new start.  

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There is a lot I could argue with this, I mean just look at the mess created. He basically has to swallow his pride now and accept playing at Levi's or in Oakland for a year. 

I was more focused on his leadership and meddling in the franchise. Coaching hires, money, etc. that he mismanages.

Is it a mess though...

It's a news story. Is that a mess just because it's news?

A mess is not having any options of places to play as the season closes in.

Swallowing ones pride and getting a solution isn't a negative. It's only viewed that way by detractors looking for a "win".

His leadership enabled us to get out of cap hell and got us a new team owned facility.

I'm not claiming that he is a great business mind but he isn't a bad one either. He would say the same. He has stated that from the beginning. The things he doesn't know or needs guidance on, he goes and finds smart people to achieve those goals.

The coaching changes can be debated as mismanagement but aren't done in a vacuum with just Mark in an office making a decision.

Not sure what money mismanagement you are suggesting but I doubt it's supported by fact.

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

I don’t disagree, but I think after the move things with smooth themselves out(obviously wishful thinking).  I do believe having a beautiful stadium/facilities will help with the image issue we have.  Moving to a new city will also give the team a new start.  

Have to have a team that wins. Vegas worries me.... if they are not winning, the stadium will be full of opposing fans who got tickets for a weekend in Vegas and a chance to see their team.

Talking to my friends who are Packer, Lions, Jets, Eagles, etc. fans.... they are stoked for the move to Vegas because they will go see games. That's the opposite side of the coin.

Have to have a team that wins. Vegas worries me.... if they are not winning, the stadium will be full of opposing fans who got tickets for a weekend in Vegas and a chance to see their team.

Talking to my friends who are Packer, Lions, Jets, Eagles, etc. fans.... they are stoked for the move to Vegas because they will go see games. That's the opposite side of the coin.

+1 I have friends who are Cowboys fans who echoed these sentiments (regardless of winning) having experienced Jerry World. "Worst home field advantage in the league" were their statements. Lets hope they're wrong.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't really think Mark should get very much credit for any of that. He was gift wrapped a perfect scenario thanks to the US Supreme Court and the Nevada taxpayers.

38 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I don't really think Mark should get very much credit for any of that. He was gift wrapped a perfect scenario thanks to the US Supreme Court and the Nevada taxpayers.

I think that there is a marked level of genuine dysfunction in this organization starting at the top. Borderline stupidity and absolute dysfunction in it's definitive meaning.

But to take credit away from Mark Davis for the stadium work is criminal. It's literally the only thing he has excelled at and he was masterful in getting the stadium done. He took on a level of debt noone thought possible, secured major amounts of money very quickly, will be raking fresh money from the new stadium. He outplayed a Las Vegas CEO in spectacular fashion, who may be the slickest fish there is in business. And he parlayed a losing hand in the LA stadium debacle into a major win in a short period of time, while other owners of other teams in all sports have been railroaded with stadium issues for years if not decades with no success. To think that you're saying he deserves little credit on the stadium front is crazy. He absolutely masterminded it. I was shocked at how adept he navigated the entire thing, being a spoiled son of an NFL owner and succeeding on the level of a world class CEO. 

Archived